Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
You been on the wacky backy? Where did i mention cats???
Whats wacky backy????

Originally Posted by rune
Shooting is an appalling way of dealing with an animal which can easily be trapped and either pts in a humane way or neutered and given other relevant vet treatment.

Happens all the time. The shooting option is taken by those who want to enjoy the action of shooting a living animal and justify that by saying they are dealing with 'pests'.

rune

Originally posted by Steve
Appalling to you perhaps,but perfectly legal and activley encouraged by DEFRA for various species.

We had been discussing the shooting of domestic [feral] cats as a means to control their numbers
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yep if you say so. Ill go cuddle my Cats now.
poor cats
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
poor cats
Well at least they arent at the butt of some peoples intent on managing them, after all they are domesticated pets not wild animals.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Well at least they arent at the butt of some peoples intent on managing them, after all they are domesticated pets not wild animals.
yes so true they are 'pets' and like other 'domesticated' pets and also domestic farm animals they should be under control and not causing havoc with our 'Native' wildlife
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post

We had been discussing the shooting of domestic [feral] cats as a means to control their numbers
This thread is about foxes and was just trying to keep it on track.

As for the ethics of shooting feral cats-why not? The cat would know nothing about it so therefore is a stress free end.I see no difference between them and other pest species provided they're causing a genuine problem.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:15 PM

As for the ethics of shooting feral cats-why not? The cat would know nothing about it so therefore is a stress free end.I see no difference between them and other pest species provided they're causing a genuine problem.
Personally I think the greatest pest - being aggressive, invasive, dirty, polluting, vicious and prolific - comes on two legs.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:18 PM

i know i sound like a cracked record lol.. but i brought the subject back up because the foxes on this thread were supposedly killed because they were a threat to cats ...lovely as the cat is however you look at it its an invasive species whos numbers far far outnumber that of our native fox....foxes really should not be suffering for cats.

so as its a non indiginous predator if any cat is killing it can only ever be a genuine problem, no cat should be killing native wildlife and they shouldnt be competing with native predators.

in saying that i just want to make it clear once again that i wouldnt like to see ferals shot.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Personally I think the greatest pest - being aggressive, invasive, dirty, polluting, vicious and prolific - comes on two legs.
and i couldnt agree more!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post

Yes,mankind has a lot to anwser for i will grant you that.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
So is it OK to shoot and hunt 'wild' animals but not domestic ones?

If so why?

rune
Page 27 of 37 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > Last »