Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 07:21 PM

Pet rats and decent breeders

my friend is looking for two rats. he wants 2 females, preferably from the sae litter.

i thought i would ask on here as quite a few of you have rats, and might be able to help as i have now convinced him not to go to pets at home. and he needs a bit more help in finding some one good

hes really good with animals (just done animal care at college) and he knows what he is doing, has a zoo full already

hes picked out his cage for them and things so now he just needs the cute little creatures.

any help?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Im currently on the waiting list for a pair of rats from a local breeder, I found her on an internet search and had a good look on her website - she has successfully shown her rats and they are very well cared for. I've spoken to other breeders who I know (who live the other end of the country so not an option for me lol) and they have very highly recommended her, infact one even said they considered her to be the best breeder in the country!! I contacted a few breeders before deciding on this one and she was the only one who answered all my questions satisfactorily... If they arent happy to answer your questions, carry on looking!

I can PM the details of this breeder, but if your friend lives near you then obviously its a very long distance to travel so probably not do-able...!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Get him to join the fancy-rats forum, lots of decent breeders and also rescues if he'd consider them (baby rats come into rescue, as do pregnant females, so rescue doesn't necessarily mean older rat). The NFRS website will have a breeder list if he requests it but he needs to remember that being on that list doesn't necessarily mean they're a decent breeder, he'll need to do his research and quiz the breeder to see if he agrees with their ethics
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Get him to join the fancy-rats forum, lots of decent breeders and also rescues if he'd consider them (baby rats come into rescue, as do pregnant females, so rescue doesn't necessarily mean older rat). The NFRS website will have a breeder list if he requests it but he needs to remember that being on that list doesn't necessarily mean they're a decent breeder, he'll need to do his research and quiz the breeder to see if he agrees with their ethics
Good advice If you had been Newcastle way I have a really good breeder that I would recommend to anyone.

Jessica I'm a sticky beak who is it yours are coming from
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Good advice If you had been Newcastle way I have a really good breeder that I would recommend to anyone.

Jessica I'm a sticky beak who is it yours are coming from
Hakuna Matata I think the "official" name is
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Ah yes wondered if it would be. Don't know them in flesh but they have a great reputation
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I had some girlies from Hakuna Matata lines - not from Jenna herself but a breeder she was mentoring, they were lovely, friendly girlies, and have a real Disney-esque look and personality.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I have 3 Hakuna Matata ratties Wilton, Pi and Robinson!

Fab rats
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
hes picked out his cage for them and things so now he just needs the cute little creatures.
Local ish show soon ....http://www.yorkshireratclub.co.uk/

Laura is in Wigan with lovely rats - and lots of rescues too http://stovokor-rats.webs.com/
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I have 3 Hakuna Matata ratties Wilton, Pi and Robinson!

Fab rats
Wondered how long it would take you to spot this
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >