View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Since they appear to be the first babies attacked in their bedroom in the area they didn't know---so no difference.

What do think they ought to do?

Not allow toddlers in the garden at all to play, close all windows and doors regardless of weather conditions?

I hate killing anything, I rescue insects in the pool before I swim, I remove worms from pavements etc etc----but I am also aware that rats and mice HAVE to be got rid of and the only way that I have found that works is poison. I HATE doing it but if I don't we have mini invasions. I have drawers full of torn papers and cupboards with spoilt food because I leave it too long. We have rats in the attic at the moment----any siggestions?

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Your post has confused me a little, Im not an expert on getting rid of rats and mice with out putting poison down..so no suggestions from me im afraid.

I watched the news tonight, the top storying being about the twins attacked by the fox..and a number of people that live in the area say, how there has been a fox problem for a number of months, there braver will walk into the garden and sit there watching you, will walk into your living room ect! so they should have known there was a problem with the urban foxes everyone else in the street did.

I dont suggest they do anything, what im saying is, i find it upsetting that a number of foxes will be destroyed because one fox attacked (a rare attack it was to) it does not mean that every fox in that area is going to run up the stairs and attack people in their beds.

They caught one fox in the trap and destroyed it no one will ever know if it was the fox that carried out the attack, they also plan to leave the trap down and catch as many as possible and destroy them also..Why? you cant tell me you believe every fox is now a child attacker?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Your post has confused me a little, Im not an expert on getting rid of rats and mice with out putting poison down..so no suggestions from me im afraid.

I watched the news tonight, the top storying being about the twins attacked by the fox..and a number of people that live in the area say, how there has been a fox problem for a number of months, there braver will walk into the garden and sit there watching you, will walk into your living room ect! so they should have known there was a problem with the urban foxes everyone else in the street did.

I dont suggest they do anything, what im saying is, i find it upsetting that a number of foxes will be destroyed because one fox attacked (a rare attack it was to) it does not mean that every fox in that area is going to run up the stairs and attack people in their beds.

They caught one fox in the trap and destroyed it no one will ever know if it was the fox that carried out the attack, they also plan to leave the trap down and catch as many as possible and destroy them also..Why? you cant tell me you believe every fox is now a child attacker?
Hang on a minute---in one post you say YOU would be more careful with your dogs if you knew there was afox problem

These people now know there is problem, they have babies/toddlers.

I am asking you what they should do---keep the children in or tight by their side all the time and keep all windows and doors shut whatever the weather?

Or tackle the fox problem---as people have been tackling rats and mice for many years.

My worry would now be that people leave their own baited meat out and cats or other animals will take it.

People who are frightened for their childrens safety don't always think straight. Far better they see something being done about it.

rune

rune
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2010, 05:51 PM
i really hope the two lil girls make a full recovery app 1 isnt do so well,
i have my back door open all night but if anything comes in it has to get past the 4 dogs first, we dont know the layout of the house it couldve quite easily sneaked in and gone upstairs, my brother lives in london and he has a fox problem and they arnt afraid of humans, i do wonder what those who say this couple are lying think happened to these babies if it wasnt a fox then maybe a dog then youd all be on your high horses!!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 05:52 PM

BTW---foxes have territories and follow runs so it is a very good chance that the fox they caught was the right one.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Hang on a minute---in one post you say YOU would be more careful with your dogs if you knew there was afox problem

These people now know there is problem, they have babies/toddlers.

I am asking you what they should do---keep the children in or tight by their side all the time and keep all windows and doors shut whatever the weather?

Or tackle the fox problem---as people have been tackling rats and mice for many years.

My worry would now be that people leave their own baited meat out and cats or other animals will take it.

People who are frightened for their childrens safety don't always think straight. Far better they see something being done about it.

rune

rune
I said the fox wouldnt get a chance if i KNEW of a fox attacking in the area as i would make myself aware.....

and im saying this is not a normal attack and does not mean that every fox out there is going to attack...I dont think you should do anything, but just be aware that this has happened.. Thats just me.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
There was a Fox out front here this morning as I was getting ready for work, the Crows alerted me to something, they make an awful row! It was sitting opposite the house at 6.15am, broad daylight and people passing it. It looked in reasonable condition. I head a guy down the road chase it off, a while later, it apparently was digging in his flower pots (told me this afternoon) he also heard the crows, opened his front door at it STAYED untill he clapped his hands and shouted, it was within touching distance. "Normal" behaviour?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I said the fox wouldnt get a chance if i KNEW of a fox attacking in the area as i would make myself aware.....

and im saying this is not a normal attack and does not mean that every fox out there is going to attack...I dont think you should do anything, but just be aware that this has happened.. Thats just me.
OK---so you don't think the parents of other kids in the area should be worried---although you said you would make sure your dogs were not out alone?

So you won't be the first to post about how stupid anyone is to leave a door open in the heat if their child gets bitten?

You are not answering my question.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Ok Rune stop twisting my words, I have not said the parents should not be worried, infact i said they should make them selves aware of it..

Your question is changing every time thats why...Im not a mind reader...

no i wouldnt post and say anyone was stupied for leaving there back door open in the heat, ours is constantly for the dogs

But in this case, the fox was ment to walk past where the parents where, walk up stairs and then attack..I dont know how they could have missed all that and only noticed when the kiddies screamed!

another thing i picked up on when i watched the news was the mum said something like she saw one of the girls covered in blood, after turning the light on she saw the fox and the other girl also covered in blood??

Yeah so you can see something covered in blood in the dark, but you cant see a fox stood there that you have just walked passed to get to the child?? something still doesnt add up to me anyways.
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Two things I don't quite understand with this story:

a. Why would the fox start attacking one child, stop half way through and start on the other one?

b. Surely when the first was attacked, the child would start screaming or atleast awaken the other baby. Wouldn't this alert the parents? How did the fox have time to attack both children?

I don't know, could well be a fox but something doesnt add up to me...
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »