Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh this thread is lovely, some stunning horses
It makes me so nostalgic and wish I still had some, I have had offers to help friends with theirs, but am not up to it yet.
Etty the horse I learnt to ride on, the is positively ancient in this picture

My first horse I had all to myself, Snowy, he was beautiful, after learning on Etty, he was my own and had wonderful hours spend riding him, I out grew him but he lived for many years after, with a girl who adored him

Frances a Quarter Horse x Stock horse, she was a stunner, trained in dressage she had a beautiful nature, amazing horse to ride and taught me so much. Similar story to one other on here, she was in shocking condition when I first got her, in a few months she was getting back to being a stunner
Her bum looks big in this

The chestnut is Alice, TBx she was a nutter, but no meanness in her, just a bit scattered, I did a few shows and dressage with her, I was one of only three people to ride her, a friend rode her once, the person who broke her in and me.
The palomino is Abigail, the mother of both (believe it or not) she was a Champion Palomino that won many classes (when I was too young to remember) and the pinto is Freckles, she was a wonderful horse when I was transitioning from farm work to showing/dressage she was brilliant, a bit like riding a table, but just a lovely girl, we always had a special bond.

Alice at a show, she was a good jumper (better than dressage anyway )

My boy Dusty a Quarter horse buckskin, a present for my birthday, he won Champion Quarter horse as a yearling (which is almost impossible) and I only ever rode him once, but had the best bond ever, I had him from six months we learnt together, I trained him everything, broke him in just the most lovely horse ever, if I was away for a week, as soon as I got home he would come galloping up to the gate and whinny, and then follow me everywhere.
Unfortunately a tragic accident took him from me at the age of 2yrs. RIP my beautiful boy.
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Beautiful pictures! It brings back memories for me as a kid being a stable hand. I almost became a Jockey too
jan@pembs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
OOoh now youv started something
Guinness 15 hh cobxtb/id 16 years young now and done everything. (as usual cut daughters head off )

With kids 1st pony 10hh shetland x 20 something, just before he went to rainbow bridge .. i think Guinness knew that day looking back.

Autumn 15 hh Arabian 14 years shown in hand and under saddle, has done everything as well.

Her doing x country.

We also have another Arabian, Maisie but i have squirreld the pics away and carnt find them will post them up when i can find them lol
found one of Maisie & autumn a couple years ago... there are some of daughter rideing her for the 1st time in the field this year somewhere.

jan x
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2010, 04:45 PM
So jealous! Some beautiful horses here . I wish I was in the position where I could own a horse... I love them! But alas no, maybe one day though! I do love to ride, should get back into it really, it's been too long!!

Sarah xoxox
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I had a Quarter Horsex TB for 4 years. I bought her from a dealer in a terrible state, we used to compete in Local SJ /XC/ events & National RC stuff. She was 15.2hh &completly Bonkers! ut very loving!

Some Action Shots

Some Before & After shots!!!!!

I got her in the May & this is at the end of Sept

Absolutely STUNNING horse and photos Mish. I especially love the action shots. Bloody brilliant!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I had a few ponies when I was little called Jazz and Brando, Jazz was a new forest (the chesnut one ), and as sweet as anything, he didn't need a lead reign when someone was on his back, he would just follow the person in front, he was lovely bless him, then we had Brando, totally different, he was scared of white cars and men with walking sticks, his breeder use to hit him with one (walking stick) and drove a white car, he would also go up very easily, and at one point put someone in a bin (the kind that dog walkers use on walks ) as he was being rode along, and a man with a walking stick come out, thankfully the rider managed to keep hold of his reigns.

Jazz and Brando aren't mine anymore, but I still know the person who has them, but I can't visit them a lot, because of distance now, but I do know that recently Brando broke someone's arm, the owner was renting them out, and told them not to take Brando onto roads, but the rider thought that she knew better and took him down one (on her own too) he went up after a white car went past, and she fell on the road, broke her arm and lost concisness for a while, after that both horses were returned to the owner, and she won't rent them out again, as its dangerous for both riders and Brando if they don't listen to her, when she knows him more then them.

Jazz, I'm the one sat on him.

Brando, with the young hunter they shared a field with.
Poor Brando, what a shame he had such a bad start in life. Both your ponies are lovely Chaz.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I had a Quarter Horsex TB for 4 years. I bought her from a dealer in a terrible state, we used to compete in Local SJ /XC/ events & National RC stuff. She was 15.2hh &completly Bonkers! ut very loving!

Some Action Shots

Some Before & After shots!!!!!

I got her in the May & this is at the end of Sept

I can't believe the state you got her in, and you managed to turn her around in such a short space of time. Well done you. She is totally dreamy, I love her.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
THanks M, i really do miss her, id not get another though unless i had land so i could keep them at home.......come on lottery!!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Wow some beautiful horses, so envious! God I can't wait till I can buy some horses again in a few years

I had a few as a kid growing up, but they say the first one is always the best, how true. This is star my 1st pony, strawberry roans are still my favourite. She was only 12.2hh but I'm so diddy here she looks quite big! Never forget this competition, our first together for the pony club, combined training, we won and I'd only had her 3 days, bless.

I forgot...her quirk, well she threw me off over a hundred and fifty times, usually in water! Such attitude...fantastic, she really wasn't bomproof and should never been a first pony but she taught me a lot We even did team chasing with her, so cool..
Haha brilliant Akitagirl. Star sounds just that - a star Lovely photo of the two of you
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Oh this thread is lovely, some stunning horses
It makes me so nostalgic and wish I still had some, I have had offers to help friends with theirs, but am not up to it yet.
Etty the horse I learnt to ride on, the is positively ancient in this picture

My first horse I had all to myself, Snowy, he was beautiful, after learning on Etty, he was my own and had wonderful hours spend riding him, I out grew him but he lived for many years after, with a girl who adored him

Frances a Quarter Horse x Stock horse, she was a stunner, trained in dressage she had a beautiful nature, amazing horse to ride and taught me so much. Similar story to one other on here, she was in shocking condition when I first got her, in a few months she was getting back to being a stunner
Her bum looks big in this

The chestnut is Alice, TBx she was a nutter, but no meanness in her, just a bit scattered, I did a few shows and dressage with her, I was one of only three people to ride her, a friend rode her once, the person who broke her in and me.
The palomino is Abigail, the mother of both (believe it or not) she was a Champion Palomino that won many classes (when I was too young to remember) and the pinto is Freckles, she was a wonderful horse when I was transitioning from farm work to showing/dressage she was brilliant, a bit like riding a table, but just a lovely girl, we always had a special bond.

Alice at a show, she was a good jumper (better than dressage anyway )

My boy Dusty a Quarter horse buckskin, a present for my birthday, he won Champion Quarter horse as a yearling (which is almost impossible) and I only ever rode him once, but had the best bond ever, I had him from six months we learnt together, I trained him everything, broke him in just the most lovely horse ever, if I was away for a week, as soon as I got home he would come galloping up to the gate and whinny, and then follow me everywhere.
Unfortunately a tragic accident took him from me at the age of 2yrs. RIP my beautiful boy.
Emma - absolutely loving all your photos and horses. They were all gorgeous. So sorry to hear about Dusty, that must have been hard to lose him so young. You must have some fantastic memories of all your horses.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »