Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 05:23 PM

Met a lovely staffy pup today

Met a lovely staffy pup today but the reason I haven't chosen an icon for this post is because I would have chosen a smiley face and a sad one both.
My mate was puppy sitting when I went to meet her today. A lovely 16 week old brindle staffy called Sasha. Now this should be a happy post but I don't think it will have a happy ending.
The girl who owns her doesn't even like dogs, is 4 months pregnant and her boyfriend brought the pup home 4 weeks ago . He works away during the week and she's already had my mate puppy sit twice in 4 days.
Now I'm sure you all know where i think this is going! As she gets more pregnant, what will the fate of the pup be? I don't like how this feels at all. The poor pup has had very little training and from what I can tell, very little attention. She's the sweetest natured wee girl ever.
She has 2 bald patches behind her ears though which leads me to think it's some kind of skin infection and I don't really like the look of her back legs. She seems a bit awkward. I have no idea where they got her or anything of her background but I just wanted to run off with her and make sure someone who really loved her would get her. This girl has already said she can't afford to go to the vet with her! The whole sorry tale makes me feel sick with worry.
I've said to my mate, if the worst happens, she must tell me and I'll see if anyone here is prepared to take her. I just know she's going to end up in rescue and it's really chewing me up
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 05:53 PM
You might be interested in this thread.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=88592
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
You might be interested in this thread.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=88603
Thanks Rachel, I've seen it. I'm hoping I'm wrong about this wee girl but I don't think I am.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:44 PM
You beat me to it Rachel, I was going to suggest that link as well.

Heidi
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Poor girl, sounds like another pup for the shelter at some point....sooner rather than later I imagine.

Two new ones have turned up where I go walking Jackie. A sbt x boxer, he's only a pup and very nervous but lovely and a very happy go lucky gir, Ella, she too is not very old , around a year i would say (and i think she has already has pups ).

It's never ending, I hope your little friend Sasha has a happier ending than those above.....
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
You beat me to it Rachel, I was going to suggest that link as well.

Heidi
Thanks Heidi. I've made my friend promise to tell me if anything happens

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Poor girl, sounds like another pup for the shelter at some point....sooner rather than later I imagine.

Two new ones have turned up where I go walking Jackie. A sbt x boxer, he's only a pup and very nervous but lovely and a very happy go lucky gir, Ella, she too is not very old , around a year i would say (and i think she has already has pups ).

It's never ending, I hope your little friend Sasha has a happier ending than those above.....
I know Janet, I thought I was being pessimistic but I don't think I am. I've read too many similar stories on here. Can't believe another 2 have turned up where you go too. It's so very sad. I so hope I'm wrong about Sasha but I know my mate will keep me informed.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Poor baby.
Can't afford the vet is how I got my first dog after she'd been abused.
I hope this little one is given up sooner rather than later and she gets a home who wants her.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Poor baby.
Can't afford the vet is how I got my first dog after she'd been abused.
I hope this little one is given up sooner rather than later and she gets a home who wants her.
I agree, I hope they give her up very soon.