Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2014, 11:02 AM

The "Real Thing" or not

Anyone remember the old Pepsi commercials "which do you prefer" trying to prove that people did not actually prefer the "Real Thing" over Pepsi?

Not being a great fizzy drink consumer - or any type of squash come to that, I only ever drink the diet version of them, squash being diluted so that it is not much more than flavoured water. And during the summer when it is hot I do tend to need to drink a lot of fluids, so a bit of taste over plain water is sometimes welcome.

We can get diet Coke and diet sprite, [sometimes Pepsi] and also the local versions of same but not diet and I hate the taste of sugar. And sometimes I just fancy a glass of cold cola but the "Real Thing" has caffeine and as I limit my caffeine intake I was very happy when RC diet cola appeared as it is caffeine-free. I also think it tasted nicer.

Then it stopped being available. Oh well, cola and other fizzies are not necessary but sometimes the fancy appears - and much to my delight when I went across to the macolet this morning they had RC diet cola again!

Does anyone else have a favourite fizzy?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

28-03-2014, 11:17 AM
I don't like coke in any variety. I do drink squash, flavoured fizzy water etc. So I guess my favourite fizzy drink is lemon and lime fizzy water by Tesco.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 11:26 AM
I loooooooooove this stuff. Especially the elderflower one. Yum yum

Big root beer fan too
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I like the Schloer type drinks as well, especially cranberry and raspberry and I think theres a J2O thats raspberry and apple that I liked.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

28-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I like the Schloer type drinks as well, especially cranberry and raspberry and I think theres a J2O thats raspberry and apple that I liked.

**Sulk**

[not available here]
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Gin and tonic, that counts as a fizzy, right?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Asda do good imitation ones of these, which is what I usually buy unless the 'proper' ones are on offer.
Maybe there is someone making them in Israel perhaps under a different name
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Sainsburys no added sugar basics orange squash. It doesn't taste like it's basic or low cal at all.

I too dilute more than suggested the suggestions on the bottle must be for people with no taste buds at all !
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

28-03-2014, 12:04 PM
It is possible to get Schweppes "flavoured water" but the only difference between that and tap water is the label - and the price.

If I want something sweetened, such as my black coffee, I use Stevia. But it is only in the winter when I drink lots of coffee - two mugs regular and then decaff - but summer is a comin' in and very soon it will be cold drinks all day long.

And plain mineral water gets a wee bit boring after a while!
Meg
Supervisor

28-03-2014, 12:34 PM
I have never liked Cola and can't see the attraction It tastes like very sweet caramelised water to me and certainly not a drink for the thirsty as sugar seems to increase thirst.

The only fizzy drink I really like is Schweppes bitter lemon.
For a cold drink I prefer a very small amount of lemon barley water in a lot of water or most often a slice of lemon in water .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >