Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:28 AM

Vacuum cleaners

I seem to have got through yet another Dyson - it's hardly picking up at all. I've had several over the years - they seem to start off working very efficiently but I always end up having to replace them. I've decided it's about time I tried another make.

Can anyone recommend one?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Unless you particularly want an 'upright' - Numatic Henry. I've had Henrys before I had a Dyson, got rid of a couple of Dysons and returned to a Henry.

They seem to go on forever. Can be used without dust bags, have a VERY long wand (for reaching ceilings) and a very long lead. Not sure if these days you can get a 'rotating' powered attachment.

I use a small Ergonomic for whizzing round but still keep Henry for proper cleaning. Brought one over with me as I was worried I wouldn't be able to buy one in Cyprus!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I recently got another Dyson myself.In between this one and the last I had a HENRY!Only reason I changed was because Hubby fancied Henry for work and thinking there wasn't much point in having two about the house,I went back to the dyson.I don't regret it,well pleased with my new one but if I'm honest,HENRY was the best!!
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I've had a Henry since 1981 and it's still going strong.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
I've had a Henry since 1981 and it's still going strong.
I had one even longer than that and, when I moved to Cyprus about 7 years ago, I passed it on to my son and bought a new one to use here. He is still using the old one.

I've never ever had to have a Henry repaired or buy any replacement parts.

So powerful on high in the past I've been looking for a cardi I was sure I left on the couch and found it in Henry's belly when I emptied him lol!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:42 AM
1981 was the year my son was born - I've gone through countless vacuums since then!

Many thanks everyone - it looks as if it will be a Henry!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Crikey Tang - I'd better watch out for little Witty when I'm vacuuming then!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Crikey Tang - I'd better watch out for little Witty when I'm vacuuming then!

When my kids were tiddlers, many's the odd muslim or dry nappy that used to vanish up it too.

The thing I liked it best for when I moved here was the distance I could stand away from a creepy crawly on the ceiling (outside the door in some cases) and hoover it into oblivion!

Oh and I believe they are still only around the 100 quid mark and you can get GEORGE (think that's right) Henry's bigger bruvver! If I was getting a new one I'd go for him I think.

Amazon and eBay will have them at good prices (choose a reputable seller) and get it delivered quickly free too.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:51 AM
WHAT???? You suck up poor little creepy crawlies? One day they might come back to haunt you.

I've just had a very quick look at Henrys, and it appears that there are James, Charles and Georges as well! And different models of Henry. So I shall have to do a bit more research before I make up my mind.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
WHAT???? You suck up poor little creepy crawlies? One day they might come back to haunt you.

I've just had a very quick look at Henrys, and it appears that there are James, Charles and Georges as well! And different models of Henry. So I shall have to do a bit more research before I make up my mind.
I don't believe in ghosts. Two legged, four legged or eight legged ones!

As for spiders - after the spider bite I suffered earlier this year - I'd happily be in charge of killing all of them, slowly!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >