View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I use a local brand gel for washing - whatever he has at the macolet - preferably bio, although the majority of people use powder. The main reason I use a gel is because I rarely use the heater in the washing machine, just wash everything in cold water. I also use a softener as the water here is very hard, and use the anti-static sheets in the dryer.

Tip - if you use those dryer sheets, do not throw away them after use as they still have a lovely scent - at least the ones I use do - and used ones are put in drawers, at the bottom of my wardrobe, and on shelves in my bedroom cupboards.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Fairy powder for us and fairy conditioner too. We both have quite sensitive skin and found this to be the best

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 06:34 AM
I've always used Daz, and I buy it when it's on offer, cos I won't pay £10 for a box of washing powder which I can sometimes get for £5 or £6 so I stock up then.

Having said that, it hasn't been on offer for a while, whereas Surf was on offer, so I grabbed a box of that last time out, and I'm just about to start it tonight, so will let you know.

I too, feel that Daz isn't like it used to be, especially for the whites, so I always put a scoop of that Oxy stuff in with whites, but I've now run out of that too.

Softener, again I buy whatever is a bogof, but it's usually Lenor, I like that yang yang smelly one, the oriental in the black bottle is lovely.
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2013, 07:51 AM
i Use Aldis own washing powder, it used to clump in the drawer, but they must have altered something as it doesn't do that now. It seems to me better than alot of the branded ones. Softener wise I get whatever is on offer! although I can't stand Lenor, as I find it too strong...Once used it on bedding and had to strip the bed in middle of night, as I could literally taste it!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I have been using for the past month Makro's own non bio and usually their own conditioner but that ran out so it is Lidl's conditioner at the moment.
I am finding them all as good as the brand names.
Now you have made me think.....why don't I try Lidl, I'm always shopping there . mmmm might give it a go!

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
I use Daz because hubby buys it from a friend very reasonably,but that's the only brand he stocks Also fabric softener,but I' ve mastered the correct time in the wash cycle to put it in!! Love the little sheets you put in the dryer also
Those little sheets give my hubby itchy goolies so thats out
Originally Posted by TazJas View Post
i Use Aldis own washing powder, it used to clump in the drawer, but they must have altered something as it doesn't do that now. It seems to me better than alot of the branded ones. Softener wise I get whatever is on offer! although I can't stand Lenor, as I find it too strong...Once used it on bedding and had to strip the bed in middle of night, as I could literally taste it!
I find Lenor very strong too. Even my neighbour said she could smell it when I had the washing on the line.
Helena this is what I'm finding too and I refuse to use that Oxi stuff routinely, I pay enough for the soap powder it should do the job I reckon. I only use it if something is really stained.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi Nippy Aldi washing powder is great,I have washed my OH paint overalls they have come up really white,they do bio or non bio,before used Surf and that is quite good Gemini54
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Fairy non bio liquid gel.

Me too............. either the gel or powder...
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 09:40 AM

Oh Nippy itchy goolies are not a good look!!!!
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2013, 03:08 PM
I use eco cover non bio as I am allergic to lots of washing brands. I only get it when it is on special offer. I also use persil non bio and I use comfort or waitrose own conditioner.
I use conditioner due to having sensitive skin and wanting to keep al my clothes soft as otherwise I can't wear them.

Eco cover smell very nice to it has a lavender smell and it one of the nicest ones frangrance wise.

I do lve on my own though so I don't have to much washing.

Ndidi
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Fairy non-bio and Comfort Pure.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >