Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Washing soaps and powders

I'm a bit fed up with Daz. It doesn't seem to be as efficient as it used to be.
So a quick poll, do you use powder or liquid, combined with a fabric conditioner or a separate conditioner, Bio or non bio?
Blimey it gets complicated when you really start to look at it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 06:28 PM
I use Bold gel, but I always put extra fabric conditioner in as well as I like everything fluffy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I have been using for the past month Makro's own non bio and usually their own conditioner but that ran out so it is Lidl's conditioner at the moment.
I am finding them all as good as the brand names.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Fairy non bio liquid gel.

My eldest daughter is allergic to some powders and fairy is the only brand that I've found that doesn't bring her out in a rash.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I use Daz because hubby buys it from a friend very reasonably,but that's the only brand he stocks Also fabric softener,but I' ve mastered the correct time in the wash cycle to put it in!! Love the little sheets you put in the dryer also
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Fairy non bio liquid gel.

My eldest daughter is allergic to some powders and fairy is the only brand that I've found that doesn't bring her out in a rash.
My understudy too is very sensitive to ANY fabric softeners so I don't use them when she is around. She actually comes out in red blotches if sleeping in sheets that have been softened or wearing clothes that have been.

I use the most popular one here in Cyprus, DIXAN, one for colours, one for whites - in little plastic bubble thingies just chuck one in the drum. I rarely use softener for anything as I wash almost everything (except white sheets) on a 30deg 30min cycle and I only do the 40min cycle on 40 for the whites too as I change bedding about every 3 days. When it's as hot as it is here you don't only wash your clothes after one day's wear, you are often washing them after just an hour's wear!

So it's basically just to freshen them up and I do sometimes put stuff in with NO detergent - just to rinse them through if I've only had them on for a quick trip to the shop or around the house. Just don't want to put them away 'worn'. And as I very often head straight for the shower after being out for only a short time - I sometimes just get in with my clothes on and then take them off and hang them out! (Even dripping wet laundry dries here in about an hour or so!)
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
My understudy too is very sensitive to ANY fabric softeners so I don't use them when she is around. She actually comes out in red blotches if sleeping in sheets that have been softened or wearing clothes that have been.

I use the most popular one here in Cyprus, DIXAN, one for colours, one for whites - in little plastic bubble thingies just chuck one in the drum. I rarely use softener for anything as I wash almost everything (except white sheets) on a 30deg 30min cycle and I only do the 40min cycle on 40 for the whites too as I change bedding about every 3 days. When it's as hot as it is here you don't only wash your clothes after one day's wear, you are often washing them after just an hour's wear!

So it's basically just to freshen them up and I do sometimes put stuff in with NO detergent - just to rinse them through if I've only had them on for a quick trip to the shop or around the house. Just don't want to put them away 'worn'. And as I very often head straight for the shower after being out for only a short time - I sometimes just get in with my clothes on and then take them off and hang them out! (Even dripping wet laundry dries here in about an hour or so!)
Understudy. Hehe. I did think I'd found another cheaper one that was ok..did loads of washing and she came out in a fast.....so I had to do the whole lot again!!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:49 PM
At the moment im using Bold Gel with softner but it usually depends what is on special offer. Ive not seen much difference in any of the brands.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2013, 07:17 PM
I use Persil small and mighty, I buy bio, non bio and coloureds but only buy when it's half price cos £11 a bottle is criminal. When it's on offer I buy several at once so usually have a stock pile. I rarely use softener but when I do It's comfort pure, my current bottle has lasted several months.. I find I don't need softener much with this liquid.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Whatever is on offer when we need it really, doesn't matter about the brand. Sometimes it's powder, sometimes it's liquid.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >