Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:57 AM

Steam mops

I was really JEALOUS of everyone who has one. But ... since I found out you still have to vacuum first (don't even ask why I thought you might not have to - I live in hopes!)

I am now not so interested as here in the dusty old sandy old Middle East it is the vacuuming that is the hardest bit. And a steam mop would just be something else I'd have to find a place to 'store'. The blerdy fine sand dust gets everywhere.

So if I still have to vacuum (probably my hardest work I ever do these days - I am trying to preserve myself) I've lost interest.

Floors stay clean anyway if you mop them every other day or even every day on the busy traffic bits.

I want a mop that sucks it all up and washes and polishes and DRIES it at the same time!

*has anyone heard about one like that?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 12:39 PM
No, but we definitely need one don't we. I sweep the wood and tiles, and I have lots of sand and dirt here too, I think we get that Sahara wind down in this south east corner, cos it also leaves a film on the cars too.

Surely you would sweep or hoover first on a tiled/wooden floor even when you use a hand mop, otherwise you're just spreading it all abaht aren't you? I couldn't live without this steam mop, especially on the kitchen tiles. I take it up to the caravans too for the kitchen and bathroom lino, it brings it up a real treat in seconds. If I got down on my hands and knees with a bucket I'd never be able to get up again, so a steam mop is a must for me. It's so effortless to, unlike a mop and bucket.

Come on Pat, embrace the 21st century and ditch that mop lol! If I could fiddle the numbers on here you'd be the next winner in the competition, but sadly, Azz has sorted it so that we can't, and anyway I want to be next cos mine broke Dave has glued it for me but it won't last, I want a new one too.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Steam mop is definitely on my wish list.Friends have them and highly recommend
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
No, but we definitely need one don't we. I sweep the wood and tiles, and I have lots of sand and dirt here too, I think we get that Sahara wind down in this south east corner, cos it also leaves a film on the cars too.

Surely you would sweep or hoover first on a tiled/wooden floor even when you use a hand mop, otherwise you're just spreading it all abaht aren't you? I couldn't live without this steam mop, especially on the kitchen tiles. I take it up to the caravans too for the kitchen and bathroom lino, it brings it up a real treat in seconds. If I got down on my hands and knees with a bucket I'd never be able to get up again, so a steam mop is a must for me. It's so effortless to, unlike a mop and bucket.

Come on Pat, embrace the 21st century and ditch that mop lol! If I could fiddle the numbers on here you'd be the next winner in the competition, but sadly, Azz has sorted it so that we can't, and anyway I want to be next cos mine broke Dave has glued it for me but it won't last, I want a new one too.
Of course I sweep and hoover first Helena! That's what I am moaning about lol!

Yep the desert winds. Stick to every bluddy thing. You can't just whisk or blow the dust away. It coats everything with a file film every day!

I can't win one anyway H - I'm not in the UK and it is not open to furriners like moi! lol!

I am meanwhile the not so proud and happy possessor of 2 brooms and several handbrushes, 2 mops and 2 vacuum cleaners too!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Of course I sweep and hoover first Helena! That's what I am moaning about lol!

Yep the desert winds. Stick to every bluddy thing. You can't just whisk or blow the dust away. It coats everything with a file film every day!

I can't win one anyway H - I'm not in the UK and it is not open to furriners like moi! lol!

I am meanwhile the not so proud and happy possessor of 2 brooms and several handbrushes, 2 mops and 2 vacuum cleaners too!
Well I can beat you there Pat, cos I've just had my 3rd vacuum cleaner delivered to the door , and I already have 3 dustpan and brushes, 3 brooms, and I'm now working on a 2nd steam mop which matches your 2 mops toboot!

I've just had a thought, I keep buying these hoovers from the same place, they must think I'm obsessed with the things lol!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Steam mops are fab. I probably would never have bothered if I hadn't won one but now I wouldn't be without it. I never realised the difference they make to carpets too.

Hubby asked me what OCD was this morning(always takes a long time for Brian to catch up ) I was trying to explain, using excessive housework etc as an example.
Then I said,, I've got CBB disorder......Can't Be Bothered Disorder
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Steam mops are fab. I probably would never have bothered if I hadn't won one but now I wouldn't be without it. I never realised the difference they make to carpets too.

Hubby asked me what OCD was this morning(always takes a long time for Brian to catch up ) I was trying to explain, using excessive housework etc as an example.
Then I said,, I've got CBB disorder......Can't Be Bothered Disorder

Go on rub it in!!!defo getting one now