View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys, I'm really excited now, because Dave has just come home and said they have changed our sign out the front, so instead of "under offer" it now says "sale agreed" This means that our prospective buyers, really have taken their low cash offer to secure our house, which means, we really DO have to get out quick!!!

Oh lordy why does everything have to be yesterday with us!! Thank goodness I've sold most of the house furniture, but then Dave has got me worried over that coz they seemed like travellers, but I get on well with travellers, and I think they are genuine, they've given me a deposit for my big table and the big telly, but need a price for the rest before paying a further deposit. Oh dear, I do hope Dave is wrong!! What's not to trust with them? Their money is as good as anyone's to me, as long as they hand it over before loading my furniture into the van lol! They came in a nice, sparkly merc too!!

A really weird thing too, I just sat down and listed all the additional furniture I want rid of which they said they wanted, and it comes to a total of £1,030, and that's really, really spooky, because I remember it well, the cheque that was handed to my by the furniture people in Spain who took all of my mum's stuff that day was the exact same amount!!! How spooky is that, when I already said my mum is getting her own back here!!

THEN, to top it all, a really nice bungalow we like, in a very posh tree lined road, near to the van, which looks very much like a house my mum and dad used to live in, which was my mum's favourite of all the houses they had, the name of the road is St. Helen's Park Road, (my name!) at the top of which, is a fantastic country park with woodland for dog walking, and there's something else that's familiar with it too, but I've forgotten what it is. They have just e-mailed me tonight, to say it's been reduced in price by £25K!!! Ooooer, this really is all coming together isn't it, but of course, we're not allowed to get into a chain, so I'm still heading for that caravan!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Helena, it's a buyer's market . It will take approx 8 weeks for a sale to go through. I doubt the bungalow you like will have gone in that time because mortgages are a nightmare to get right now so ....................

wait for it......................

if it's meant to be, it will happen
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
fate has such a wonderful way of working in my favour, I'm one of life's lucky peops when it comes to things all sliding nicely into place. Oh what fun, living in a caravan for 6 months or more, we'll be trailer trash at last!!!

Better start packing then!!!
Oh Helena I'm so pleased to be reading this, it does look like all the pieces in the jigsaw are comming together and call it fate or whatever but maybe you're glad we didn't go ahead with that second plot now, you can have a nice new van and look after the rental one without a two hour round trip, perfect

PS - I think I've researched every holiday and residential park home manufacturer in Uk so if you want some ideas I'll be happy to PM you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Helena, it's a buyer's market . It will take approx 8 weeks for a sale to go through. I doubt the bungalow you like will have gone in that time because mortgages are a nightmare to get right now so ....................
wait for it......................
if it's meant to be, it will happen
I agree, if you go on Right Move and select bungalows there's thousands and more comming on the market all the time, there's so much choice it's incredible.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks Chris, I hear what you're saying, I'll take a few deep breaths then!!!

Here's the bungalow which was £250 to £275K until today when it's now come down to £225 to £275K! How weird is that kind of pricing, I mean, who in their right mind will pay the £275K if they know they can get it for £225K, and if not, then why bring it DOWN in price anyway? It's like saying ours is £1 to £325K isn't it!!!

I just looked at the pics of the inside again, and yes, it needs updating, but at that price we're willing to update. The other spooky thing is, all that bedroom furniture, is just what my dear old mum used to like, that Louis 14th ornate business, whereas I'm more of an Ikea girl myself.

Here's the bungalow:
http://www.freemanforman.co.uk/buy/p...0-ref-1500988/

At the top of this nice road, it just stops, turns into block paving, and then it's just a lovely woodland track into St. Helens Woods, just perfect, and maybe, with a bit of lucky, it won't be too hilly in there either coz I'm fed up with walking up all these hills each morning where I live, it'll make a pleasant change to be on the flat.

Dave will be viewing it on his own Saturday when he goes up to the van and if he likes it (he will coz it's got a double garage and that's all he ever looks at!!) then I'll be going up during the week with Zena in tow.

Yes H, I'm so glad you didn't go for that plot next to me, it's been crying out for me to fill it for 3 years now hasn't it! I'm sure you know how it works with those salesman by now though, but they're gonna have a job trying to twist me in knots, it'll be the other way around, and I'll be getting my freebies all thrown in coz I'll drive them up the wall and they'll say yes just to get rid of me lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Their money is as good as anyone's to me, as long as they hand it over before loading my furniture into the van
And as long as the money they bring is what you agreed to sell for, don't forget the old trick of offering 10% less in cash and trying to sweet talk you into thinking that's what you agreed, and they are dangling the notes under your eyes. TBH Helena I would suggest you have Dave with you when they come.

That's what happened to me with a car trailer I was selling, and then OH came out and told me to get rid of the trailor 'cos we were not going to be home weekdays for several months 'cos we were both working in Manchester. Strangely, we had an attempted burglary a few weeks latter!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-02-2012, 09:07 PM
and yes, it needs updating, but at that price we're willing to update.
Helena, just had a look and it's gorgeous, the floor plan is perfect and with that balcony and double garage under it's something I would go for (If I could afford it )

As I mentioned I have been (casually) looking at bungalows in Suffolk / Norfolk and not seen anything like that and the 2 / 3 beds are not much less in price either. Wish I could afforsd that one

ETA:-
What's to 'update' I only had a quick look but couldn't see anything.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Blimey Girlie you not wasting time there then!!!

Am so pleased for you!!!!

A Great Big Adventure.....

"Oi, Trailer Trash"....... will get the spare room ready, just incase the van isn't ready when you are turned out the house
xxxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Ooh how exciting! Love the look of that Bungalow too - reminds me of something out of Neighbours!

Good luck with it all, I'm sure it'll all work out.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Not sure I could cope with the steps these days (particularly when bringing back the weekly shop), but other than that it is rather lovely

I've only been to Hastings once, but did like it. Seemed like a nice relaxed place to be, but we didn't see it at night time (something I always like to check out).
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »