Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 08:07 PM

New washer

My washing machine decided to break down two days before xmas It had been on it's way out for a while and sounded like it was full of bricks when doing a spin

Anyway the bearings had started to go and then it started tripping the electric,so I had a new one delivered xmas eve

It's an indesit one and I must say I am so impressed with it so far and I love the 15 minute express wash,I know it's early days but it can't be any worse than my old one,that was forever breaking down.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Still got my AEG from 1989, only needed a small repair (my fault) in all this time.

Crosses fingers it does not die on me tomorrow.......
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 11:35 AM
We had a hoover washer/dryer that was forever going wrong. I don't think combination things like this are a good idea. Jamie wanted a combined TV/DVD player last year but after reading reviews online we got separate ones as they got a lot of bad feedback for the combined ones.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm waiting (im)patiently on my new hoover it's amazing how happy new appliances can make us. Heck I feel old
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Still got my AEG from 1989, only needed a small repair (my fault) in all this time.

Crosses fingers it does not die on me tomorrow.......
I had a cracking one for about 10 years, rescued it from a mate's back garden cos it had "broken" took it to repair guy and it turned out he'd put too much soap powder in and jammed it up to kingdom come so cleaned it out and had a good decade of use out of it. It finally died this time last year, when moving it down the street in the ice cold winter seemed to finally do for it and got very generously replaced by my mother-in-law.

I hate the new one - it's rubbish!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 06:32 PM
My mum had the ame Servis washer for 26years, the longest Ive managed to keep a washer is a Bosch that I had for10years even then John had changed the bearings on that a couple of years before it finally gave up
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2011, 07:10 PM
My washing machine broke just before Christmas. It seems to wash ok but won't spin so I have dripping washing hanging in the kitchen on the ceiling airer. My dogs are very surprised that its raining in the kitchen.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
My washing machine broke just before Christmas. It seems to wash ok but won't spin so I have dripping washing hanging in the kitchen on the ceiling airer. My dogs are very surprised that its raining in the kitchen.
My dads washer did the same the night before Xmas Eve. He reckons its the 'bushes/brushes' that have gone and easily fixable..... but up until then.... I have ended up doing his washing
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
My dads washer did the same the night before Xmas Eve. He reckons its the 'bushes/brushes' that have gone and easily fixable..... but up until then.... I have ended up doing his washing
Well when he fixes his can you ask him to fix mine. I haven't a clue. Suppose I will have to buy another one. Why does everything break or need replacing at the same time .
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 10:53 PM
ours broke a few months ago and it was a 11yr old LG which had done very well with overuse !! I had luckily taken out one of those home appliance care things just this year and the parts took so long to come to repair it they ended up replacing it with a brand new one..