View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 04:13 PM

At last!!! An offer on the table for our house!

Two viewings today, one of which has resulted in an offer!!!! 'Bout time too I say!!!

They haven't heard from the 2nd lot yet, but for the first people who viewed today, to have rung back so soon with an offer is good the agent said, it means they're serious. They didn't knock us down much either, coz we had reduced to £330K and they've put in an offer of £325K and that's near enough for me in this current climate. I'll have to consult o/h when he gets home, but I've told them we'll accept it on his behalf (as yer do lol!)

Now, I can start looking in earnest! The log cabin on the lakeside idea has now gone out the window coz you end up throwing away £150K after 25 years coz they want their plot back and we just couldn't afford to do that (who can!). So we're now looking at land/campsites and Dave found one last night near Bournemouth for £300K (means we'll be living on a static on it though until we get sorted). Normally these caravan sites are well up into the millions, which is quite understandable, but I have a plan, I will fill it with big statics like the one we have at Beauport, and rent them out to doglovers. Afterall, I've done my homework having owned and rented one out for 2 years now and know that dogpeople are desperate for places to holiday with their doglets.

If we can't put statics on whatever land/park we find, then so be it, it'll be tents and tourers! Wtg as I see it Getting a bit excittttttted now then......

Oh, and guess what??? Yip, you guessed it!!! Went out for an hour this morning, and Georgie must have known I had these 2 viewings mid-day coz he had left his mark all over the dining room carpet AGAIN!!!!! How does he KNOW???!!! Nobody smelt anything then
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 04:24 PM
That's good news, getting an offer. Fingers crossed everything proceeds nicely for you - no hitches, eh?

What do you want to do with the land? Build a new house on it? Sorry, I'm not up to date on things.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks Lucky, good isn't it! Dave fell in love with a log cabin, right on a lakeside that we looked at recently at Chichester, BUT, it only has 25 years left on the plot licence, it's £167K which means that when the 25 years is up, you bin it! They want you to put a new one on it, OR, just throw it away and hand back your plot. This means if I've spent the rest of the dosh by that time, we'll be on the streets lol! Lovely cabin though, all brand spanking, even got a granite worktop in the kitchen, it's huuuuge, two double french doors opening onto the decking out the front which actually sits on the water overlooking the lake, peace and quiet, 2 beds, one with en-suite, all the mod cons, BUT, I just can't get my head around losing all that money over 25 years we're getting too old for that.

On the other hand, considering I've already bought a big static caravan on a quiet, country park in E.Sussex which I have rented out for 2 seasons now, fully booked, to doglovers who adore it up there, it's given me food for thought, that if we bought our own site, I could have 20 or more of them to rent out couldn't I! Only problem being, they are around £1million pounds There are a few small ones though, usually in Wales or Somerset which we could afford, so it's definitely on the cards Lucky. Now keep up missus, you know how fast I move!!!!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Brilliant news,can we come with caravan and dogs then
x x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 04:45 PM
The log cabin sounds wonderful but I wouldn't want to risk losing the money eventually either.

The caravan site could be a success! You've done really well with the van you own. What about the upkeep of the site though? You'd probably be able to afford it with the income from the rents. Where would you live though? In one of the caravans or in your own house on site?

Wales is lovely.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Great news.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Fabulous news, I hope it all works out for you.

My friend had an offer on her bungalow today too!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 06:55 PM

At last, very pleased for you, hope it all goes well from here on in.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm really pleased for you H, you must be so pleased.
I hope everything proceeds smoothly and you won't need to have any more viewings on your house.
Hope you can now find and get the place of your dreams. You really deserve it.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Thats brilliant news H. Hope all your plans come together for you.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >