Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:18 PM

cut on muzzle

HI

Bruno has a cut on the top of his muzzle - not sure how it got there but was bleeding when in the garden so took him inside and wiped it with an antiseptic wipe - however bruno wasnt keen and grabbed the wipe off me and ate it - refused to give it up to me - I assume that there should be no lasting effects of the antiseptic wipe? It was shredded and chewed up as was trying to get it out of his mouth and now know why people say staffies have locking jaws !!

He seems fine and has eaten worse !!
cut however is still bleeding !! LOL
dani
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi Danny should be fine...keep an eye on the other end though, is Bruno due a feed? If not I would give him an extra feed so there is something else in his tummy..maybe add some sardines in oil to to help things through . As always if you are worried contact the vet.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:43 PM
thanks MIni - just fed him with mackerel - so oily - that should help - he seems absolutely fine and ams ure it was fairly shredded before going down the hatch as we had what ended up a bit of a tug of war - we are going out for dinner - but he appears fine and normally he wont be due another bowel movement anyway so fingers crossed - he has eaten worse in the past and so I dont expect to get much problem from this as it was very thin too...

thanks
dani
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 07:02 PM
just to say - think Bruno has suffered no after effects due to antiseptci wipe eating incident - he has had fine bowel movements today and isnt bloated etc so assume that antiseptic wipe was thoroughly enjoyed !!
idiot dog !
dani
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Thats what you call inner cleansing!!!! Typical staff...
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 07:37 PM
aww im so glad that bruno is alright give him a big kiss and cuddle from me and the boys
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by dani
just to say - think Bruno has suffered no after effects due to antiseptci wipe eating incident - he has had fine bowel movements today and isnt bloated etc so assume that antiseptic wipe was thoroughly enjoyed !!
idiot dog !
dani
..that good.. Bruno should have a nice clean tummy if it passed through
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 11:26 PM
aw hope he gets better soon poor bruno