Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 08:18 PM

Dog chases deer in Richmond Park

The latest video to go viral on YouTube

I found it quite distressing to see the deer being chased towards the busy road.

I sometimes wonder about how someone just 'happened to be there' ready with a video camera when these incidents occur (it was over in seconds) and it does make me think it was orchestrated. If so, that's disgusting.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Have a look at the home page T..
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Why the hell didn't the bloke have the dog on lead, don't know Richmond parks rules but with deer around i would have thought dogs would have to be on lead ?

I know the blokes a bit clueless but my god that must be a nightmare
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't think it was orchestrated. I think the guy unwisely let his dog off leash and maybe didn't realise there were deer there.

Although of course he should not have done it, must be honest and say I howled with laughter at the shrieking of the hapless dog owner. I think many dog owners across the land will relate - when I first got Dexter I was very naive and let him off leash before securing a solid recall. So did my fair share of sprinting across the park while yelling his name....
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I've got to agree with Tabitha, although I do not find the dog chasing deer funny at all, I did find the tone of the dog owner funny to listen as you knew he hadn't a hope in hell of getting his dog back!

There was a dog owner who got fined a couple of hundred pounds when her dog chased a deer into the road and it got hit by a car and was injured so badly it had to be shot in public

However there are no laws that you have to keep your dog on a lead in Richmond Park. They are supposed to be on a lead around Pen Ponds but not in the whole park. However they DO have to be under control....which clearly "Benton" wasn't
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Yep, fortunately I don't have to contend with deer or livestock around here (and if I knew they were about there is no chance I'd have my boy off lead) but haven't we all had an 'Oh ****!' moment or two with our dogs? I know I have, I'm only human after all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Have a look at the home page T..
Ooops! I got this in an email from a pal! I don't ever look at the home page these days (perhaps I should!) I have the forum on faves to open at all dog posts!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I just see Louie if we ever visited Richmond Park A lab herding - thats a new one though.

On the more serious side - I didn't see the funny side to it, but then again - being on the "dog chases (enter animal)" side - it's not that funny, I bet it was equally distressing for the owner too..
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know what happened next? The last thing we see is all the deer and dog heading across the main road
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:54 PM
This happened next.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFppcyRMRM4
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >