Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:08 PM

Been a busy girl!

WEll after 4 months off work i have finally gotten round to doing something i meant to do 4 months ago...

Have painted the bathroom

Before:

The shade on the photo is LIGHTER than the actual colour... god knows why the previous owners painted it so dark!

And After:

All whilst OH is at work...

Have been busy all day now sat down with pint of cider!!!

Alex
xxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:10 PM
well done you can come paint mine now xxxx zbxx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
well done you can come paint mine now xxxx zbxx
sorry am booked up next week to help my friend paint her mums bathroom now!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Blimey, that was bright wasn't it! I had to jump back when I first came in here and saw that colour on the screen! Looks much, much nicer now, you've done a good job there, very professional too. Enjoy the cider, you've certainly earned that!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Blimey, that was bright wasn't it! I had to jump back when I first came in here and saw that colour on the screen! Looks much, much nicer now, you've done a good job there, very professional too. Enjoy the cider, you've certainly earned that!
the colour looks brighter on screen, you know the blue you get on the tool bar on microsoft, that deep blue, it was that colour... made the bathroom so small and dark!

i prefer the lighter colours opens the room out!

And thank you for saying it was a professional job,

Had argument with OH this morning as he kept trying to remind me how to paint!

" now dont go too fast with the roller!"
" Dont splash paint every where!"
"Go gentle it the ceiling line!"

Ha Ha , i do a better job than him!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Lol Yes, they're very good at telling us how to paint, but funny how they always leave it to us - even though we're rubbish at it If you want a good tip for painting, I've discovered the joys of decorator's caulk and I'm addicted to it!!! You put it all along the top of the skirtings and the door frames if there's any gaps, use your finger to go over it, it's designed to paint over, and voila you get a really professional job then!!! That'll surprise the o/h!! I learned about it from my painters, and I couldn't stop using the stuff, my house is full of it downstairs!!! Be careful though, it's very addictive stuff once you get started!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Lol Yes, they're very good at telling us how to paint, but funny how they always leave it to us - even though we're rubbish at it If you want a good tip for painting, I've discovered the joys of decorator's caulk and I'm addicted to it!!! You put it all along the top of the skirtings and the door frames if there's any gaps, use your finger to go over it, it's designed to paint over, and voila you get a really professional job then!!! That'll surprise the o/h!! I learned about it from my painters, and I couldn't stop using the stuff, my house is full of it downstairs!!! Be careful though, it's very addictive stuff once you get started!!
OH YES!!!! my dad taught me the joys of caulk!!! used loads when we fitted coving!!! another thing he told me how to do, right before i taught him what a mitre joint was!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Nuff said then!!! Sounds like you could teach me a thing or two on the diy front then, mitre joints would be far beyond my comprehension, I don't even understand the machine thingy my o/h has to cut one, so I leave all that side of things to him, I just paint it afterwards!! Well, after I've caulked it first of course!!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Nuff said then!!! Sounds like you could teach me a thing or two on the diy front then, mitre joints would be far beyond my comprehension, I don't even understand the machine thingy my o/h has to cut one, so I leave all that side of things to him, I just paint it afterwards!! Well, after I've caulked it first of course!!!
a mitre joint is when you cut it at a 45 degree angle so it fits into a corner!

my dad used to build the catering units he worked from so i used to help him build them, hence why im better at DIY than OH!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Well you can come over here I have a whole house that needs doing (and a door to be rehung) plenty of cider here, it rivals Guinness in Ireland!
(hic!)

PS I have discovered caulk too - marvellous, isn't it! When I think of how many tubs of Polyfilla I've used....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >