View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 07:07 AM
blackie is bombproof except for hoovers or loud drilling. hes not keen on the steam out of the steam iron either.

peggy just chills.........
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum
oh yorkies, they go underneath him and hes frightened they are going to get his *bits*
ha ha
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Absolutely nothing
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 05:42 PM
HAir straighteners being clapped together, cardboard boxes in his garden that were not there yesterday (communal garden!), hairdryers, hoovers, trains and fireworks

But still love him to bits!!
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Missy is very scared of squeaky toys. She'll play with anything but if it squeaks, she drops it and tries to climb on me to "RESCUE" her from the scary squeaky monster .
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 08:32 PM
an ornament of a bassett hound sitting

H thinks its going to bite him
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-08-2006, 08:54 PM
lol @ h
ours haven't got any fears......noise, traffic tob just looks and takes it all in his stride.
hol doesn't like it if i shout....she always thinks it is towards her.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Ozzy has a strange fear, basically he can suffer from Neophobia (fear of something 'new') but it only affects him at certain times.

He reacts by stretching his neck & body out towards what he is spooked at, standing rock solid and trying to sniff what it is with the hackles right up on his back!

For example when they were doing road-repairs at the bottom of our street, he froze when he saw the plastic fencing around the hole in the road!

Another time at Christmas, he was very spooked at the garland decorations hanging across the street with lights on, he softly growled at them with his hackles up. Once he'd been 'under' one of them he was fine!

He also reacted this way the first time he saw our Christmas Tree, he is a fruit-bat!

I've got now that I pre-empt what will spook him and we have a trust word "touch", I will touch whatever it is to show him it is safe and he touches it with his nose and then he will be fine with it! (try doing that with the Christmas garlands hanging 50ft above you!!!)

It's weird as he is not a nervous dog at all, in fact very confident, It is only a handful of times he has reacted this way. But it is strange!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Neither dog is keen on the Hoover, or anything else that could be called a "buzzybuzzy"
Same for Bongo. I expect she would also live in fear of the depletion of sardine fisheries, but she ain't that clever!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I am proud to say that Sydney is scared of absolutely nothing, He is rock solid around everything.
Rio is scared of nothing when Syd is there, but she is only 6 months and we are still working on her The one thing that seems to bother her is big confident dogs that just charge up to her, (understandably so ) but she will get there eventually.
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »