Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by amts
I read it wrong. Sorry chinaowner

I like "your" house though Even though Iīm thinking if its a waste of space to have all them rooms not being used

Iīm thinking maybe a bigger kitchen and/or livingroom that will be used everyday? Or make the rooms bigger but fewer :smt102

Not as easy as you would imagine - to make your dream house that also has to be practicle

But to me a house is more than a home its an investment. the only rooms that wouldnt get used would be the spare bedrooms....all the downstairs ones would! even then i would have people staying over....

I wish for the day i get my dream house!!!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 06:00 PM
And I hope you get it

But any house is an investment? By the look on the market here, it certainly is here (its crazy )
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 09:20 PM
I would have a 3 bedroomed house and a seperate dining room and lounge. I would have a lovely big bathroom with a glass ceiling (no neighbours obviously). A nice big country kitchen with an aga. I would also like a room where I could bathe and groom the dogs, where they could dry off after walks etc.
This would all be surrounded by a decent amount of land with maybe a little woodland as well!
Bit greedy when I read back! Oh well!! I can dream!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I would like a downstairs loo. A larger garden, one we have now rather small so no room to grow vegys as its given over to dogs. Some way of cheaper heating bills say a new age idea these environmentalists have at times, otherwise I love where we are.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 09:59 PM
seperate utiliy room ....and down stairs loo
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2006, 10:27 PM
oh i would move..
buy a small holding with land of course have a huge farmhouse kitchen in it and an aga i wud have 3 settees for all the dogs to lie on in the kitchen because this would be the focal area of the house(yes ad have more dogs)
the grounds would be safe and secure for the dogs to romp at the leisire without being tormented by kids
awww my dream house when ii win the lottery
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Some of the things you ask for is possible isnt it?
A downstairs loo is easy to make and also an open kitchen can be done?
It depends on the space avaible I know but it isnt impossible

I think the hardest part is the land. If you dont have it at first, its pretty hard to buy some up. And should that be possible, the price is often ridicolous.

I guess it can be quite hard when you suddenly have the oppertunity to do everything from scrath to clearify excatly what it is you want and also being realistic about it. I think many of us fantasise about the big house with loads of rooms and open space - but if given to us - would we feel comfertable there and would it be used or just be a waste of space

I guess my wantings is pretty close to Miss Potterīs actually- except, I dont know what an "aga" is
Oh, and no bathroom with a glass ceiling
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
an AGA is a stove. Well much more than a stove really. But I'll leave that explanation to someone who knows more.. Its a huge thing
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2006, 11:30 AM
an aga burns wood (i think) it usually can have about 5 different ovens in it all ifferent sizes and temperatures, also heats at the top for pans etc...however can also be used to heat a house ( ithink again!!)

http://www.aga-web.co.uk/
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
When not being brilliant in a kitchen, an AGA isnt excatly on the top of my list
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >