Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 04:56 PM

A new house?

Lets say you were given the chance to redo your house completly, what things would you change (or keep) from what you have now?

Is it a larger kitchen? More rooms? No stairs? Different windows/doors?
Rough walls instead of wallpaper? No carpets on the floors? Etc.

Pictures, dreams, and ideas are welcomed
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 05:10 PM
well first off i wouldnt change here i lived id move completely buy a plot ofland and build my dream house 3 floors
Ground - loung , dining room, sports room ( snooker table air hockey etc) MASSIVE kitchen with center island and aga, conservatory, office and bathroom
First - Bathroom with shower and bath (one of those stand alone brass ones!) 4 bedrooms and large sweeping staircase and balcony
second floor 1 massive master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, dressing room for both me and oh each,

and a sewing/crafts room.......

oh and a heatedindoor pool that had a removable roof.....
all surrounded with 10 acreas of fields and big long gravel driveway and triple garage!

not much really....

alex
xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 06:13 PM
I would do another bedroom, not for sleeping in but more of a dressing room.

I've too many clothes of varing sizes!!!! and you always think you will get back in the smaller ones!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 06:25 PM
I'd love larger windows here to let in more light, but, as this is a listed building there's to much red tape
jakey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I would like an orangery... in fact a guy from Amdega is due round in half an hour to discuss. We bought our cottage at a really good price and have spend the last year taking it back to the original state and starting again so in a way we have been lucky enough to have it as we wanted it, although another bedroom & a bigger lounge would be good.

Ohhh also a hot tu b in the garden ... that would be nice!!!!!!!!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you for your ideas.

Just a few Q´s though:

chinaowner: quite a few rooms. Do you use them all or are some empty for when guests etc are comming over to stay?

Wolfie: great idea. The more light you get it the nicer it is I think. Also it can make the rooms seem bigger. And if the view is nice theres not much more to ask fore.

Jakey: why not a hot tub in a bathroom? Then you wouldnt have to go outside everytime lol

Edit to say, pics of what you like about your house would be great
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I like my house. I wouldn't change much. If I had unlimited funds I'd stay here but try to buy land from the houses around me so I had an even bigger garden. I'd then surround it with electrified fences so I never had to talk to my neighbours again! I'd probably build an indoor pool attached to the house and have a summerhouse at the bottom of the garden with an enormous greenhouse and shed. I'd have the garden filled with huge architectural plants with beautiful stone sculptures in between.

As for the house I'd keep the kitchen and living room just as they are but knock out some walls to make it one big room so I can cook and talk to my guests at the same time.

I'd also have a bigger bedroom with a dressing room attached. I'd have all the floors properly sanded and varnished throughout the house and maybe have a balcony built onto the back overlooking the garden.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Thank you Minda

Its quite hard to put your finger on what you want to change isnt it. In generel you can be quite unhappy with your house, but when it comes to changing it, its hard to name excatly how it should be. Or so i find it

Any more ideas, tips and also pics is very much appriciated
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 11:05 AM
amts it not the place i live in now it would be my dream house,
generally the extra rooms would purely be for resale value plus for when guests stay over.....
but the rest of then rooms would get used!

Alex
xx
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 07:15 AM
I read it wrong. Sorry chinaowner

I like "your" house though Even though I´m thinking if its a waste of space to have all them rooms not being used

I´m thinking maybe a bigger kitchen and/or livingroom that will be used everyday? Or make the rooms bigger but fewer :smt102

Not as easy as you would imagine - to make your dream house that also has to be practicle
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >