Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 08:57 PM

Settling in . . .

Well we've got through the our first night at the new house

Kiara was happy as soon as her chair was available to her bless her, she's spent most of the day pottering and investigating the garden, as long as the door was open that is, as soon as I shut the door she wanted in It's ok for her she's got a fur coat on and it's bl**dy freezing outside

Poppy's been a bit off it today, very quiet and subdued and demanding lots of attention, her and Kiz are usually off finding trouble together but she's hardly left my side I'm sure she'll come round so I'm not particularly worried yet.

Bailey, poor ole Bailey he's bumped his way around!! The doors here are dark whereas the doors at the last place were white, he's not quite figured out yet he needs to head for the light now - complete opposite of last place so it's a bit of a learning curve for him. He's already learnt where the opening from the patio to the garden is so he can go do zoomies

He nearly ended up in the bath last night too but that was totally my fault as I shouted him in when my OH got in the bath - he only just stopped in time

So all in all not too bad I don't think, another week and they'll be behaving like they've always been here
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Sounds like they're all going to settle in nicely. Hope you and your OH do too
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Aw, I am sure they will all settle soon! And poor Bailey! I am sure he will soon learn his way around

I'm not sure how Jake will handle moving out (whenever that time comes)... he doesn't like to be left strange places without me well (actually, let me make that ANY place without me except the house we live in!) so I might be a bit of a prisoner for the first few days until he learns that the new place will be our new home... I do wonder though, if he will understand coz I will be taking furniture and belongings that will smell like me, and the current house, so that might help him... I dunno
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Aw, I am sure they will all settle soon! And poor Bailey! I am sure he will soon learn his way around

I'm not sure how Jake will handle moving out (whenever that time comes)... he doesn't like to be left strange places without me well (actually, let me make that ANY place without me except the house we live in!) so I might be a bit of a prisoner for the first few days until he learns that the new place will be our new home... I do wonder though, if he will understand coz I will be taking furniture and belongings that will smell like me, and the current house, so that might help him... I dunno
They're doing much better than I expected They do like their comfort areas.