Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 08:25 AM

Daily Chat Sunday 8th December 2019

Morning all. Hope you all had a good evening last evening. Mine was a drama again. Hubby had said he had flu but it is only a heavy cold but he I am sure has another uti which has confused him again and at gone 8pm last evening unbeknown to me he decided that he should go and get his paper. Thinking it was morning. Anyway he collapsed on the way back up the road and an ambulance was called while a stranger knocked on my door to tell me that he had found him lying on the pavemnet down our road. So, here we go again. All I want to know is Why Me!!??
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Good morning all.

Brenda what a terrible shock and I hope things come good has he been admitted to hospital? UTI's are terrible things they totally appear to baffle the brain and person. Mom had a couple and they are hard to spot but seem to me to be a case of once they start they seem to reoccur.

My Aunt had the same and was eventually put on a low dose course of antibiotics permanently, maybe an option in the future.

I am sorry for your news. Look after yourself.

My day has started with a brief dog walk and then a nice bacon and fresh tom roll home cooked.

Brenda *hugs*

Have a good day all
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Hi Kazz, Yep at the moment he is in hospital and I have to ring at lunchtime to see what they are going to do. He has been given antibiotics again. At least it wasn't raining when they found him.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hi Kazz, Yep at the moment he is in hospital and I have to ring at lunchtime to see what they are going to do. He has been given antibiotics again. At least it wasn't raining when they found him.
And someone found him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Ahhhhh Brenda, I am sorry to hear this...i would definitely tell them you want to see the urologist and permanent antibiotics...I was on nitrofurantoin for about 2 years.
My nan said that she believed that you were never sent anything you weren't strong enough to deal with...I must admit I am having my doubts at the minute!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Good morning Brenda, Kazz, Griff and all who follow

Dear Griff what a shock for you. He his in the best place and lets hope they do something this time to stop it happening so often. Hugs.

Hope you both have a good day Kazz and Griff.

Lovely morning here. Been for a tip run early. We only got there 2 mins after they opened and already there was queue We took a bush out yesterday and with the help of our son got the root out too. Have now cut the trunk and root up so another trip tomorrow is called for.

Have a good day everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Brenda, Kazz, Griff and all who follow

Dear Griff what a shock for you. He his in the best place and lets hope they do something this time to stop it happening so often. Hugs.

Hope you both have a good day Kazz and Griff.

Lovely morning here. Been for a tip run early. We only got there 2 mins after they opened and already there was queue We took a bush out yesterday and with the help of our son got the root out too. Have now cut the trunk and root up so another trip tomorrow is called for.

Have a good day everyone
Well done big shrubs I have found are like icebergs the tops are easy to see whereas the root is often the back breaker. Well done. What are you putting in its place? I am working on the garden and trying to make sure everything I plant will only grow to a manageable size of can be for "pruned" read cut back.

Loving my front garden now smart tidy and easy to maintain when done weekly. Even curbing my occasional instincts to make changes.

Odd realty how my tastes have changed my dream was always about a 1/4 acre garden now that would be a nightmare.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Brenda, Sorry to hear about your night of drama with hubby, do hope he is going to be ok.

Chris, I did have a mobility scooter but I couldn't get it in and out of the flat so had to come in by the back gate and patio doors......it got too difficult so in the end I sold it and went back to my walker for when I take Amber out not good because it has been causing a strain on my shoulders.

Have a good day everyone and Brenda thinking of you. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Moyra, you might need the height of your walker adjusting... when I applied for my blue badge, the lady checked my crutches height as I said my shoulders hurt
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Good point Griff, must try adjusting the height of the handles. Thanks for the tip.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >