Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2019, 09:26 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 16th November

Good morning

Another dull and miserable day and it has now started to drizzle.

Nothing planned so will just hibernate for as long a s possible

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Afternoon all.

Been to work and home now, been to the butchers and Sainsburys picked up lovely piece of pork which is now in cooking, having it with roast potatoes, stuffing, baked cauliflower & broccoli cheese sauce.

Washing on the line and its blowing so fingers crossed off out with Geert shortly then back for a nice roast dinner.

On holiday next week so having a winter clean of the house.

Hope you are all well and thinking of C H R I S T M A S...…….I am I love it my calendar is slowly filling up with meals out and catching up along with the wrapping for children at the toy link project at the Birmingham Mission, and the carol services with the tuneless choir.

This will be our first one as a family without either Dad or Mom be different.

Hope you are all well.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2019, 02:06 PM
Good afternoon all.

A lovely sunny morning here with........... wait for it ...............blue skies. Lovely walk about. Now of course, it's gone dark and the sky has clouded over, but at least we've seen a bit of sun.

A few of the hotels in town have trimmed up for their Turkey and Tinsel holidays, but the shops here never seem to bother other than a few snowflakes stickers in the windows. Hildreds Shopping Centre (small) do do an amazing job of trimming up though so we always do a couple of walk throughs at least in December to look at the lovely displays (they all move and some tell stories).

The big tree in town hasn't gone up yet, but the one in our village has just arrived and been put up. Lovely tree and should make for a lovely display when the lights go on.

My youngest is talking about coming over on Boxing Day with my granddaughter so that will be good if the weather doesn't spoil it. Gary, of course, will be spending Christmas day with us. We usually have a game of dominoes after dinner as he likes to play.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Dogsey just lost my first post

I was saying that in fact I did think about ordering some cards yesterday. We always buy them from 'Newfoundfriends' who raise money for a South West (Bristol) childrens hospice.

If you have a minute check out their TV & Stories page which has some lovely reports on how the Newfies and children have intereacted and some heart warming photos as well.

https://newfoundfriends.co.uk/

Hope that works
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Afternoon all
I have all my Christmas shopping done ( the joy of life on benefits...I start about June!) Today I have been to Lidl and bought a cute little Christmas tree for Steve's house...he is a proper Grinch but I am slowly getting there with him, he was dead annoyed on the phone but I pointed out he bullied me into putting my twig tree up so I won and he is having the tree lol. It's dead sweet, in a little Hessian bag and battery lights and only £4.99!!
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/christma...ee/p27165?ar=3
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2019, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

A lovely sunny morning here with........... wait for it ...............blue skies. Lovely walk about. Now of course, it's gone dark and the sky has clouded over, but at least we've seen a bit of sun.

A few of the hotels in town have trimmed up for their Turkey and Tinsel holidays, but the shops here never seem to bother other than a few snowflakes stickers in the windows. Hildreds Shopping Centre (small) do do an amazing job of trimming up though so we always do a couple of walk throughs at least in December to look at the lovely displays (they all move and some tell stories).

The big tree in town hasn't gone up yet, but the one in our village has just arrived and been put up. Lovely tree and should make for a lovely display when the lights go on.

My youngest is talking about coming over on Boxing Day with my granddaughter so that will be good if the weather doesn't spoil it. Gary, of course, will be spending Christmas day with us. We usually have a game of dominoes after dinner as he likes to play.

That sounds really nice Chris hope they make it over "different conversation"

You will have to take pictures of the village tree when up. I love Christmas
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Afternoon all
I have all my Christmas shopping done ( the joy of life on benefits...I start about June!) Today I have been to Lidl and bought a cute little Christmas tree for Steve's house...he is a proper Grinch but I am slowly getting there with him, he was dead annoyed on the phone but I pointed out he bullied me into putting my twig tree up so I won and he is having the tree lol. It's dead sweet, in a little Hessian bag and battery lights and only £4.99!!
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/christma...ee/p27165?ar=3
CHRISTMAS Well done Griff and Grinch
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2019, 07:14 PM
To be fair...I don't much like Christmas but I have people around me, given the Choice, he would shut the door and ignore Christmas for 2 or 3 days.....not on my watch!! He has had Christmas presents every year I have known him and my mum makes Steve and Molly Christmas dinner
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2019, 12:06 AM
The vast majority of presents I have to have bought and wrapped by mid November because getting over to Yorkshire means watching the weather. It was going to be tomorrow, but with the flooding, it's been postponed so maybe next weekend.

I've just a fitbit watch to buy for Gary, but I'm waiting to see if they come down in the Black Friday thingamajig.

I have gone one better though because Christmas is already in the freezer apart from the fresh stuff so we are well prepared this year
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2019, 02:12 AM
No Panic buying Turkey for you then lol