Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
And did it help?
It's amazing stuff. An iron fell against my elbow once and I squeezed they aloe gel straight on it and it heel really well.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Nippy, not only is that flower absolutely amazing but I am studying the leaves carefully and comparing them to my speciment. Not a good comparison Yours are a beautiful neat floret shape......mine are just prongs sticking up all over the place, with more emerging from the soil like something from a science fiction film.

How often do you water yours?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Well done. They grow 'wild' here and reach ENORMOUS proportions. And obviously manage without water for months on end.

This was taken in Larnaca here - howzat for 'flowers'? (perhaps you'd better get your roof raised! lol!)

TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2013, 11:11 PM
My mum has an aloe Vera plant, it's never flowered though. Real compressed looks cool
And wow Tang, they are huge
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm guessing that, like some other plants, perhaps they don't often flower outside their 'natural habitat'?

The flowers on them here are quite spectacular - with very close packed 'petals' huge great spikes.

My favourite flowering succulents here are the enormous prickly pears, the flowers come out all around the edge of every leaf and are all different colours at different stages too.

Aloe Vera does work. When in the Caymans I had some applied to an injured toe (it was like golden syrup) and it healed up real fast.

Don't laugh but - the mattress on my bed (made in Greece) says it is an Aloe Vera mattress! I've no idea what this means or involves - maybe they spin the stuff too? It's darned comfy though!

*editing to say WELL I NEVER! Looked up Aloe Vera mattresses (thinking it must just be a 'model name' for it) but here you go!

http://aloeveramattress.co.uk/
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I'm guessing that, like some other plants, perhaps they don't often flower outside their 'natural habitat'?

The flowers on them here are quite spectacular - with very close packed 'petals' huge great spikes.

My favourite flowering succulents here are the enormous prickly pears, the flowers come out all around the edge of every leaf and are all different colours at different stages too.

Aloe Vera does work. When in the Caymans I had some applied to an injured toe (it was like golden syrup) and it healed up real fast.

Don't laugh but - the mattress on my bed (made in Greece) says it is an Aloe Vera mattress! I've no idea what this means or involves - maybe they spin the stuff too? It's darned comfy though!

*editing to say WELL I NEVER! Looked up Aloe Vera mattresses (thinking it must just be a 'model name' for it) but here you go!

http://aloeveramattress.co.uk/
Well I never indeed! How amazing! I have some aloe Vera gel which I bought and I may start using it may start using it in my skin now. I'm only 40 but, doing the pinch test on the back of my hand, and seeing how much longer it takes for me skin to go back in place is the only sign of ageing I've been bothered about. Sounds funny but I remember now thinking as a child I never wanted my skin to go all baggy when I pinched it...lol! I don't have many grey hairs, and am not bothered about ageing...but I liked my hands how they were!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Sally I water it as and when I think of it! It lives in the bathroom and now and then I run the shower over it, to simulate rain!

Wowie Tang, it might have to go and live in the garden. Those plants are amazing!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 09:42 AM
As I said I keep this one in the bathroom, an atmosphere it obviously enjoys.
Each time I walk in I've been wondering what I could smell. Today the penny dropped....it's the Aloe flowers
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi folks I wanted to announce that we are about to have sextuplets!

Vera has at least 6 baby plants appearing around the base of the plant.
Panic stations now......what do I do with them?!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Oh poo............I only have two aloe babies at the bottom of my plant, I am very jealous

I think that my plant came from a baby Nippy - my friend repotted hers and just carefully removed the babies and potted those up as well.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >