Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
The ultrasonic cat thing does work, I put one in my mother's garden, it was the only thing that stopped all the neighbourhood cats using her garden as a loo, one even nipped in and did it in her shoes in the utility once!!!!
The gel works, but you have to do it every day, and it comes expensive that way.
Oh Thanks! that's what I wanted to hear! as I already ordered 2 of them, but hadn't any idea if I just wasted my money or not
so wonderful to hear, that it is working
although I already did read about, that it doesn't, but now I just believe in

ugh, and nipped in and pooed in the shoes?!?
they are worse than rats!

okay, so that gel is nothing for me then, as during the week I'm not at home, so it wouldn't make sense

Thanks for your answer
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
You can half bury them if you wish.Depends on the size of your garden how many you need. After a while, the cats will stop using the garden as their" terriorty" and hopefully will move on.
ah, okay I will try that in any case too

as I said, I already ordered two of those ultrasonic, but I've still more places around the house to secure of these dirty "sweeties"

Thanks
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 04:03 PM
It can be a difficult problem to solve. I know the sonic repellants do work because someone I know says her own cat is afraid to go in and out of her house now since her next door neighbour fitted one!

If Sonic Roar is Lion Dung based - a word of caution - I once purchased Lion Manure from Windsor Safari Park when it still was - to make my garden grow better. Result was I got plagued with huge great bluebottle flies and had to 'remove it all and get rid of it' lol!

Anything that is marketed to 'treat the soil' is usually only effective if the soil in question is 'clean or cleaned up' first.

Once cats have established somewhere as their privvy it's hard to shift them.

In Cornwall I had limited success using scattered orange, lemon and grapefruit peel but more with OLBAS OIL - you drip it onto teabags and leave them scattered on the soil.

(Oh and the bottles will work on the basis that they reflect the light. People hang old CD disks in trees for the same effect)

Good luck.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Cats dislike citrus & orange, lemon, grapefruit etc peel will deter them, also

Silent Roar can also be very effective, makes the cats think there are very large cats around
hahaha that's excellent!

never heard of that or did see something like that!
Need to check if that's available over here as well

great idea! Lion poo in the garden is still better than cat poo!
lindaluvdup
New Member!
Female 

01-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Tough one.
I tried ultra sonic device one, didn't work for long when I saw next door's cat sitting right in front of it grooming!
My mum swore by the hanging CD's, as said, they reflect light.
I know it's difficult to fit automatic sprinklers but I can't think of anything else that works for long.
My cat owning neighbour suggested I should soak teabags in Jeyes fluid and dot them around but that sounds high maintenance. Years ago a cat owning friend told me to get my own cat to keep others out....er, she clearly didn't think that through!
Good luck - cats come in my little backyard, beat my dogs up then clear off - it's cost us a packet at the vet's!
Lion poo sounds great!
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
2 litre plastic bottle, 3/4 fill with water, lid on and place in your garden, scatter as many as you need. Cats don't like them apparently ( place them sideways)
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
The bottles with water in them causes a reflection which the cats don't like / spooks them. I had a friend with similar problems, this was only thing that worked for her
Thanks you guys for this information. I didn't know of this but I think I WILL be testing it out; we do have an ultrasonic thing and I think it did work at first but you do have to move it around otherwise the cats get wise to it and sneak in different ways Its the pooing all over the place I can't stand but its my OH I feel sorry for - he's now had several fish taken from his raised fishpond, and its not birds as we've seen the sneaky cat sitting on the edge of the pond waiting to do its nasty deed (its an old cast iron roll top bath that wouldn't fit in our revamped bathroom but we just couldn't bare to part with it - I wish we could have kept it though as now if you want to stretch out in our bath you have to put your legs up the wall!! Hardly relaxing )

Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
It can be a difficult problem to solve. I know the sonic repellants do work because someone I know says her own cat is afraid to go in and out of her house now since her next door neighbour fitted one!

If Sonic Roar is Lion Dung based - a word of caution - I once purchased Lion Manure from Windsor Safari Park when it still was - to make my garden grow better. Result was I got plagued with huge great bluebottle flies and had to 'remove it all and get rid of it' lol!

Anything that is marketed to 'treat the soil' is usually only effective if the soil in question is 'clean or cleaned up' first.

Once cats have established somewhere as their privvy it's hard to shift them.

In Cornwall I had limited success using scattered orange, lemon and grapefruit peel but more with OLBAS OIL - you drip it onto teabags and leave them scattered on the soil.

(Oh and the bottles will work on the basis that they reflect the light. People hang old CD disks in trees for the same effect)

Good luck.
hey Tangutica well I know, it's REALLY!!! hard to get rid of them!

but I do not have any kitchen garden
just a garden for to relax and to enjoy
so I do not really want it to be spicking it all over with "waste"
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Malpeki,
I really hope you find that one or a few of these tips work for you and you get to enjoy your garden
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Malpeki,
I really hope you find that one or a few of these tips work for you and you get to enjoy your garden
hey Eileen Duffy
had just a quick look in here, read that post...

what a lovely Sunday morning
though it's still such a disgusting weather over here
but your nice words made my Day!

Thanks alot for and have a beautiful Sunday too!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2013, 07:45 AM
If you can find an ultra sonic device that deters cats please let me know, because there might also be ultra sonic or something devices that I have yet to try others that I have spent a fortune on, to deter mice, cockroaches, and mosquitoes etc - yet to find anything that works.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >