View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Humph. All we've had today is cold and rain! Walked the dogs in the rain and had car picnic in the pouring rain. Heating, fire, jumpers and blankets on now.

But I'm glad for you and like both those things! Sooooo want to see the sun and have a holiday...but think we'll have to give it a miss again this year.

I'm feeling particularly humphy this evening as Remus has chewed the handles off one of our hobbyhorses.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:55 PM
I love lidl! There is a huge one near my mums, and they sell those lovely soft ginger biscuits i'd only ever previously found in Germany.

Also sell dirt cheap and really decent horsey things! plus points from me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Bargains Pat. I like the hello kitty top. I like Lidl and I know the cheese you mean Jenny mmmmm.
There smoked hams are lovely too and we are also a fan of their muesli, chocolate and wine.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Their specials days are Mondays and Thursdays now, plus they have special prices on fruit and veg at weekends.
I am signed up for their news letters by email so I always knows what is on offer when.
Our store is being enlarged at the moment to accommodate the bakery. The rolls are to die for
Ahh things have changed since I left the UK. Where I am usually staying in pish posh Bath they are too pincy poncy to have a Lidls, or a Primark, there was in fact almost a whole town fit of the vapours when a 'poundshop' opened up just before last Christmas lol! Last one I used regularly was in Penzance before they opened up here. I thought Cyprus was unique in them having fresh bakery section - seems they all have that now (I like those sickly apple turnovers!)

Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Humph. All we've had today is cold and rain! Walked the dogs in the rain and had car picnic in the pouring rain. Heating, fire, jumpers and blankets on now.
But I'm glad for you and like both those things! Sooooo want to see the sun and have a holiday...but think we'll have to give it a miss again this year.
I'm feeling particularly humphy this evening as Remus has chewed the handles off one of our hobbyhorses.
And I am now INTRIGUED about your hobbyhorses. Please elaborate on this for me. I must know!

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I love lidl! There is a huge one near my mums, and they sell those lovely soft ginger biscuits i'd only ever previously found in Germany.
Also sell dirt cheap and really decent horsey things! plus points from me
Well I doubt we'll ever get 'horsey stuff' as hardly any horsies here. More than half the specials are always TOOLS, boring TOOLS, Cypriots love TOOLS - they had chainsaws in today. One big complaint about them opening here was not enough of the 'German stuff' and NO BRATWURST! Their bratwurst is a favourite. And they don't sell it here! Probably scared they'll be firebombed by the local butchers. In fact their meat products aren't cheaper than other shops here. That's no doubt for a good reason - took them SEVEN YEARS to get permission to open up and they've stuck them in the back of an awkward place to get to involving you going back on yourself to get there and away from there whichever direction you come from.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Bargains Pat. I like the hello kitty top. I like Lidl and I know the cheese you mean Jenny mmmmm.
There smoked hams are lovely too and we are also a fan of their muesli, chocolate and wine.
Oh why didn't I remember that luxury muesli? I'm definitely going back tomorrow now. I could kill for a bowl of that RIGHT NOW.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Tangutica, it's nothing kinky...just the girls hobby horses that Santa brought them!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

NO BRATWURST! Their bratwurst is a favourite. And they don't sell it here!
I love their Bratwurst We have them with German mustard - they only kind i'll eat
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Tangutica, it's nothing kinky...just the girls hobby horses that Santa brought them!
Oh I see - It's dawned on me now what a 'hobbyhorse' is - the pole with a horse's head on it. I know someone who collects old ones. An ex boyfriend of my daughter.

That's a shame - bad bad doggy!
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:25 PM
LOL! checking weekly Lidl special offers is one of my hobby

didn't know, that they are over at Cyprus too!

but here, I just found for you

http://www.lidl.com.cy/cps/rde/xchg/...s.xsl/5698.htm
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:29 PM
...and here I found your beach shelter too!

http://www.lidl.com.cy/cps/rde/xchg/....xsl/21312.htm
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
...I see from their website they had a variety of designs -
oh I see, I was to late posting their website to you

but nice at reading through your Thread
so I realized you already can speak a bit German!

at least thanks Lidl, you know what a Bratwurst is!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >