Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Hobbies.. what do you do?

Just wondering what you folks get up to when you are not on dogsey or roaming the countryside with your doggies
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Aside the first two that you've mentioned. Airsofting is one of them. Cycling and hiking - when I get the chance and that normally includes the pups. Reading is another - with a dog on my feeties to keep me warm. I dont do much without my dogs lol
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Aside the first two that you've mentioned. Airsofting is one of them. Cycling and hiking - when I get the chance and that normally includes the pups. Reading is another - with a dog on my feeties to keep me warm. I dont do much without my dogs lol
Sorry if i sound a bit daft.. what is airsofting?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I paint, read, run childrens groups, and garden. And occasionally cook.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Photography is my main hobby, but I also like to read.

Also I study peoples handwriting which is very interesting.

I love to cook and my son is getting the bug too.

Since getting the pup of course we are spending lots of time outside.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I paint, read, run childrens groups, and garden. And occasionally cook.
Sounds like you are a busy lady! I wish i could paint. Drawing is most definately not my strong point
Also i think my OH wishes i could cook

Originally Posted by jols View Post
Photography is my main hobby, but I also like to read.

Also I study peoples handwriting which is very interesting.

I love to cook and my son is getting the bug too.

Since getting the pup of course we are spending lots of time outside.
Wow studying handwriting sounds really interesting.

My OH is very nifty with a camera, i havent got a clue but i enjoy trying.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:48 AM
lol

handwriting is very interesting and quite accurate........love looking over peoples shoulders and watching them write......
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm trying to get a bit better at photography, especially as OH has offered to buy me a really good lens for Christmas. Mostly practicing on the doggies at the moment!
I also like to sew, I've made a couple of doggy bandanas lately but I've made a mix of things - from bags to 'scoodies' (scarves with hoods, handy for winter dog walking!) to cheerleader costumes for Halloween
I used to be into drawing but I've not done much lately, probably very rusty. Need to get a faster computer so I can get back into digital drawing, my big drawing tablet is going to waste.
I like baking, but ingredients cost money, and baked goodies aren't so good for my waistline! I did make some cookies the other day and I will crack out the cake pans for birthdays and special occasions, but gone are the days where I'd bake most weeks (back then I had a house full of housemates willing to share the calories with me!)
Other than that, I'm a sucker for rubbish TV and have been quite addicted to the Supernatural series lately. OH has been drawn in too We're being a bit boring lately because we're saving for a house so no more shopping trips, evenings down the pub, etc - everything costs so much these days.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I'm trying to get a bit better at photography, especially as OH has offered to buy me a really good lens for Christmas. Mostly practicing on the doggies at the moment!
I also like to sew, I've made a couple of doggy bandanas lately but I've made a mix of things - from bags to 'scoodies' (scarves with hoods, handy for winter dog walking!) to cheerleader costumes for Halloween
I used to be into drawing but I've not done much lately, probably very rusty. Need to get a faster computer so I can get back into digital drawing, my big drawing tablet is going to waste.
I like baking, but ingredients cost money, and baked goodies aren't so good for my waistline! I did make some cookies the other day and I will crack out the cake pans for birthdays and special occasions, but gone are the days where I'd bake most weeks (back then I had a house full of housemates willing to share the calories with me!)
Other than that, I'm a sucker for rubbish TV and have been quite addicted to the Supernatural series lately. OH has been drawn in too We're being a bit boring lately because we're saving for a house so no more shopping trips, evenings down the pub, etc - everything costs so much these days.
I like sewing too, not got a machine though and hand sewing takes a long time! I'm not good enough to make clothes or anything too technical. I have made some beds for my guinea pigs, they are very expensive in the shops and you cant toilet train piggies so need plenty so they can go in the washing machine!
Here's little wendy in hers...

We spend alot of time at home too as we are also saving to move house! We buy box sets of series or record things to watch. Not seen supernatural, will have to give that a try. We watch house and csi and dexter.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Thats a fab bed Grommit!!

Sadly no dog at present, but when I am not on Dogsey I tend to be with my horse, either riding or poo picking his field (more often than riding these days!). Or playing with my mouse and gerbil.

When I find time I enjoying going to the gym for a swim or reading/watching japanese anime.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >