Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:12 PM

What should I do??

Well if it isnt another dog walker story lol!! Today I took Fly and Shadow (my dog's) out to Carrot Hill just outside Dundee, when I got there ,there was an estate and dog walking van so I parked up and headed into the woods, half way through our walk we came across this poodle x who said hello but no owners and started following us, so I kept an eye out for anyone about. Finished our walk with the poodle still in tow! I waited in the car park for 15 mins when a man appeared with 2 dogs (owned the estate) I asked him if he had lost a dog, he said no it must be that lot, the walker has about half a dozen or more dog's and probably hasnt noticed!! I wasnt hanging around any longer so left a note I had taken the dog (was on my way to visit work - 5 mins away and took a note of their number) and left work's number and my mobile. An hour and 15 mins later she phoned wanting to pick the dog up, told her where I was and he was picked up. But the owners left their number on his tag, which I've taken down. Should I phone the company who walks the dogs? Phone the owners to tell them what happened? Or just leave it?
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I would certainly phone the owners.
If it were my dog and been left wandering for someone to take away I'd want to know about it.
Lucky you're a good doggy person - the outcome could have been much worse if someone had stolen it.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Was it a chain dog walking company? if so, absolutely phone them. 6 dogs is still too many to walk if they are not all yours. If the dog walker was walking fewer dogs the situation would have been unlikely to occur.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow, and we pay money to these people
I would phone the owner and the company
Sure I guess a dog can wonder off - but not to call for over an hour!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:24 PM
yes you should ring the owner, imo, they have a right to know that their dog is not being supervised by these people. they are paying for this service and clearly the dog was not being looked after. If that was my dog I would be livid!!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I'd phone the owner too. Anything could have happened to the poor dog
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:29 PM
I'd definitely phone the owner. Anything could have happened, dog stiolen, dog shot for being amongst sheep up that way, dog injured from falling in rabbit holes etc, dog hurt on the country roads...gee it doesn'tbear thinking about. So glad you found them and looked after them. Well done you.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:30 PM
omg definately phone the owner!!!!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I would phone the owner .
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:16 PM
If it was my dog I would want to know if this had happened. Was the walker looking for the dog for an hour before she contacted you?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >