Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2022, 09:58 AM

Daily thread Tuesday January 25th 2022

Morning all!!!
A day in isolation and I am bored already lol. Usually, I would be having a few beers this evening for burns night, nevermind.ums still negative thank goodness, dad's still positive and I am waiting for my PCR results, I could throttle my dad, he was told to stay in his room with the door tightly shut....no, door ajar, coming to my bedroom now to leave his dirty cups and plates! I haven't even had a positive PCR yet, just a lateral flow. He is walking around with no mask on, I go to the toilet, mask goes on, hands sanitised and I spray the landing as I leave....no wonder he caught COVID. I will have a word once we are all clear coz I can't be doing this all the while
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2022, 12:25 PM
Good afternoon Kelly and all who follow

Hope your symptoms do not get any worse and you will soon test negative. It is very thoughtless of your dad to act the way he is I don't expect he would be happy if it was the other way around. Hugs.

Had notification of what is expected of us for going on our holiday. I will need one if I manage to get through everything ok. The site they direct you to is only for travel back to the uk not leaving so absolutely useless and all rules about that are changing so will have to wait and see what we have to do nearer the time. I don't think I will bother going away again rather stay here in England!

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2022, 12:58 PM
Sue, depending on when you are going, you might not need a test to come back in
Chris, was it butchers beef and liver you said Rosie liked? As the cash and carry near me is selling it by the case.....not sure how I could get it down to you though.... except the coach when I am clear lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2022, 01:17 PM
Good afternoon all.

Murky and cold again out there.

Yes, it is Butchers beef and liver, Kelly. Just bought 60 cans online. £1 a can. They certainly know what to charge, but at least she's covered not for the next 6 months. She only has a third of a can a day as she has Wafcol for her other three meals. I'm loathe to drop it off while ever I can get it because it's her favourite meal of the day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-01-2022, 02:02 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Grim weather gain here today and cold.
Been to Iceland this morning shop not country. Gorden is off on a school visit to monitor his student tomorrow and again Friday and another the following Monday 3 long days on my own not been to use that for the last 10 years, not looking forward to it at all.

Sorry you have tested positive griff, hope you stay relatively well while waiting for a clear test.
Sue it is so confusing this is what we all found when michael and Maca visited in August and Michael again at Christmas. As you say they do not update the web sites.
I think we need to start reading up for when we visit them in Madrid in April.
Glad you got the food sorted Chris. Hope Gary is more polite towards you today.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2022, 02:27 PM
These cans are huge Chris!
https://evanscashandcarry.co.uk/coll...r-case-6x1200g
£1.70 single can
Lynn, it's a minefield...truly it is, you have to constantly check everything. I am hink they are doing away with COVID tests for double jabbed people going on holiday from February. Tomorrow they ditch the mandatory masks.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2022, 03:30 PM
Nah, he's dropped the subject for now Lynn, but he's written to his aunty to complain about me . She's also used to him so it should make her smile
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-01-2022, 04:42 PM
It certainly is griff, lots of things will be changing from tomorrow I'm sure including travel. How long for is anyone's guess.
That made me chuckle Chris that Gary has written to his Aunt telling on you.
Considered yourself reprimanded.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2022, 05:36 PM
Lol Chris, that made me howl, bless him!! You dutty woman you lol.
As far as I can work out...I do 5 days from onset of symptoms so that was Sunday... Thursday I can test, 2 negative tests and I am free lol....if not I keep going until day 10 and if showing positive as long as I don't have a temperature I am good to go.
Had a text from the drs...PCR is positive, I am in theory supposed to be contacted within 24 hours to get a referral for drugs.....I very much doubt this will happen. A little short of breath now but that's most likely being up and down the stairs with the dog taking her to the toilet and gophering after dad because he is too dim to put a mask on and wipe down anything he has touched.
Mum keeps telling me just to stay downstairs as it would be easier for me....but if I do that, I will most likely infect her and I don't want to have that on my conscience
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2022, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lol Chris, that made me howl, bless him!! You dutty woman you lol.
As far as I can work out...I do 5 days from onset of symptoms so that was Sunday... Thursday I can test, 2 negative tests and I am free lol....if not I keep going until day 10 and if showing positive as long as I don't have a temperature I am good to go.
Had a text from the drs...PCR is positive, I am in theory supposed to be contacted within 24 hours to get a referral for drugs.....I very much doubt this will happen. A little short of breath now but that's most likely being up and down the stairs with the dog taking her to the toilet and gophering after dad because he is too dim to put a mask on and wipe down anything he has touched.
Mum keeps telling me just to stay downstairs as it would be easier for me....but if I do that, I will most likely infect her and I don't want to have that on my conscience
Griff would it be possible for your Mom to go to a hotel? Just a suggestion.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >