21-01-2022, 10:39 AM

Daily thread Friday 21st January 2022

Morning all
Dad's positive for covid
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 10:41 AM
Mum and I have done lft's and we are both fine but making him stick to the rules is a nightmare, I have told him he must stay upstairs away from us, he must wipe surfaces in the bathroom and he must open the window if he is in there for a prolonged period
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 12:33 PM
Good morning Kelly and all who follow

Sorry your dad is positive but what a nightmare for you and your mum, Hugs to you both and hope you keep well.

Lovely day here after an early frost . Have spent 3 hours stripping Teazle and clearing up so other than a walk with her this afternoon I will be taking it easy

Hope all are well. Take care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 01:29 PM
Good afternoon all. Lovely day

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My sister got over it (two tests) after 7 days - my nephew 5 days, so hopefully he will be over it shortly without giving it to either you or mum. It's a shame you can't stay with Steve for a week while the virus is active
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Thanks both.....god, I think catching COVID is preferable to living with Steve!!!! We would kill each other lol.
Finally got the 4th jab, the walk in place in town can't access the NHS system so it won't show on my records, so I said I would go as arranged to the pharmacy and get it there but the people at the walk in place said I would be on the same situation.....so they told me to come to the hospital, so I have been, explained it to people who actually understand I need 4 jabs and I am not trying it on and have had a stress free experience up there.
Hopefully mum and dad will avoid it, I wear a mask when out, sanitise etc so I am just doing the same going near dad and I have bought a shed load of the Dettol aerosols lol....I shall spray a forcefield around myself
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 01:43 PM
Sue, enjoy your you time.....bet it won't last though!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Thanks both.....god, I think catching COVID is preferable to living with Steve!!!! We would kill each other lol.
Finally got the 4th jab, the walk in place in town can't access the NHS system so it won't show on my records, so I said I would go as arranged to the pharmacy and get it there but the people at the walk in place said I would be on the same situation.....so they told me to come to the hospital, so I have been, explained it to people who actually understand I need 4 jabs and I am not trying it on and have had a stress free experience up there.
Hopefully mum and dad will avoid it, I wear a mask when out, sanitise etc so I am just doing the same going near dad and I have bought a shed load of the Dettol aerosols lol....I shall spray a forcefield around myself

Griff my nieces partner got covid two weeks ago but Sophie did not get it and they live in a 1 bedroom flat Andy slept in a sleeping bag and wore gloves in the flat. So it can be done
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 07:14 PM
I am not to fussed Kazz, I get given drugs anyway but I am more bothered if my mum gets it, he is absolutely fine.... hasn't even had painkillers. We just take him up food and leave it at the door...same with drinks and then go collect the stuff which I immediately wash and I am keeping all his stuff separate, any plastic/ metal/ paper recyclables are just going in the household rubbish bin because I don't want to have it hanging about.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I am not to fussed Kazz, I get given drugs anyway but I am more bothered if my mum gets it, he is absolutely fine.... hasn't even had painkillers. We just take him up food and leave it at the door...same with drinks and then go collect the stuff which I immediately wash and I am keeping all his stuff separate, any plastic/ metal/ paper recyclables are just going in the household rubbish bin because I don't want to have it hanging about.
Seems sensible course of action. hope all goes well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2022, 09:56 PM
Thanks....at least he is staying upstairs now lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >