Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2022, 09:33 AM

Mighty windy Monday 3rd January 2022

Yep it is a tad windy here and no not because of sprouts. lol!! Have a good day peeps. I have done the usual being a Monday, flatwork eg:housework and now going to put a casserole together and then watch Around the World in 80 Days. Have a good one peeps.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2022, 11:30 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow. Have a good day and all stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2022, 12:46 PM
Afternoon all, think I will attempt taking my decorations down today....then again, maybe not lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2022, 01:05 PM
Good afternoon all.

Bit breezy, but lovely sunshine and blue skies so all is good.

Same old, same old.

Took our decorations down on Saturday and was glad to see them down. Love them up on the run up to Christmas and Christmas day then can't wait to get them down. If Dave hadn't insisted, they would have been put away on Boxing Day

My sister tested negative yesterday and is doing another test today then she is all clear. Nephew the same although he's got shut of it quicker, but then again he is a lot younger. Such a relief
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2022, 03:56 PM
Decorations down, dinner ordered for Steve and his nephew, I think he has forgotten what it's like to have a teenager around, I told him to make sure he went to the shop to get some pop and crisps for him.... luckily he did, he had scoffed 3 packets in the space of a couple of hours, I asked if he had asked if he had offered to make him toast or sandwiches?? No he hadn't lol. Then I asked what he was doing for dinner... don't know so I said that if he wanted pizza I would get it delivered to them as I get them half price.... phone call 5 minutes later, can I order 2 meat feasts lol. I have told him he needs to get another duvet, some duvet covers and an airbed if it's going to be a regular thing, he will have the two boys stay but not the girls as understandably he is a man on his own.... even though they are his neices. At least his nephew knows I exist now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2022, 07:14 PM
Evening everyone.
Been bright and breezy here today, drove over to Boston in Lincs for a wander then when home took down outdoor Christmas lights.
That's it Christmas over for another year and not sorry to see the back of it this year. Shame as it was Freya's first Christmas but she hasn't understood it this year so next year although it will be sad hopefully not as bad as now and we can enjoy Freya's excitement.

Hoping everyone is keeping well and had a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2022, 08:21 PM
Good evening everyone

Decorations down here too and all packed away for another year. Been busy tidying up the house and then taking my sister to the station for her train home. Then I popped over go Ben's as he suddenly remembered that we had not sewn name tapes into their hats and gloves so those now done. Hopefully a quieter day tomorrow but waiting to hear if I am on school pickup duty

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2022, 10:38 PM
Sue..... would a laundry marker be quicker for you??
Lynn, hopefully next year will be easier for you
Steve took his nephew home, I have ordered duvet covers and sheets, he can get a blow up bed and a quilt.....he even answered the phone when I called and he was at his sister's!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2022, 12:06 AM
I was so excited for Christmas when my youngest was just over a year old. Took the wrapper off the first present very slowly, found it was a selection box and pulled out a Mars bar and ate it. We waited patiently for him to finish and he walked away . We had to coax him to open the rest, but that Mars bar was the highlight of his day because he could eat it messily straight away. That was 46 years ago, but we'll never forget it.

My grandson at 21 months old came to us Christmas Day and it was so exciting for us all. However, he came again on Boxing Day, looked under the tree and said 'where pwesents'.

Happy times and lots of memories, but I do so miss having kids around at Christmas