Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 06:22 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 12th August, 2019

Good morning folks, trust you and your four legged friends are all doing well. Going to be a wet one again today, I believe.

Harvey, glad to hear you were beginning to feel better and well done to Alena with Bruno. He is making a lovely dog. When and if you can it would be lovely to see pickies of your two beautiful dogs. Keep yourself rested though.

Have a good day everyone, Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Raining here. No plans other than looking after Teazle.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Morning, sue I am sure you will end up doing something... you always do!
The mechanic is coming out to my xjs today and I will have to wait and see if the insurance send a recovery man for the car and if the police are going to show up
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Griff, I think the whole situation stinks, the police are supposed to be upholding the law. Hope the insurance will cover the repair. Have they attended to retrieve the hammer although I suspect the perpetrator wore gloves anyway.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 10:16 AM
No Moyra, we took the hammer to the police station yesterday and they weren't keen on taking it off us. They may have had gloves on but there's most likely DNA on it and the car is probably a write off. I was told by the nice pc I saw before to dial 999 if things escalated, I did and nobody would come out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Afternoon Moyra, Sue, griff and all who follow.
Weather not bad here today quite nice.

Sue hope Teazle is feeling more comfortable.
griff it's despicable what's going on. Did anyone watch Ross Kemp and the knife crime ? Well the police stations open in London were reluctant to take two huge knives off the guy that had collected them through an amnesty I mean what is the world coming to if the place that's meant to help can't or won't due to lack of officers because of all the huge cuts in budgets.

Back from vet with Dillon, seeing some improvement so he is staying on the previcox. We go back again in a month for another check up and will see if there is more improvement or if it plateaus. If it does we are considering platelet therapy if the improvement is much better than today we will remain on the previcox and not need to go back for 6 months.
He weighed 65.4 kgs today instead of 65.8 kgs a month ago so Katherine very pleased he is slowly knocking some weight off.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Lynn, I saw part of that program...the amnesty bins taped shut and they wouldn't have taken those knives had they not been on film...I am sure of it.
Insurance just called, has someone called to arrange collection..errrrmmm no! Oh someone should have called, I will resend the request, he has to do a 20minute phone interview because it was malicious damage
I am pleased Dillon has improved and I hope he continues to improve, is the platelet thing like stem cells? I considered that for my old staffy with her arthritis but it was really really new and predominantly in America at that time....I couldn't afford to do it as it was about £10k
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 01:22 PM
Good afternoon all.

A decent day here for our 'same old, same old'.

Kelly, ring 'Stop Hate' and explain what's going on. Emphasise your parents' ages and your health condition. Tell them all of the problems you've had and the police's lack of interest. I'm sure they'll put a rocket up some backsides at your local police station and you will see better action in future
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 01:44 PM
That's Good advice Chris, I think it is disgusting the disinterest police are taking in the matter.

How's Gary Chris, hope he is in better health.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Thanks Chris, I just don't want to make things worse especially given the threats made against me!
Moyra, I guess given the police shortages our problems are small...I understand that they will have more important things but a pcso could easily deal with us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >