Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2019, 06:26 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 11th August, 2019

Good morning all, lovely sunshine this morning what happened to the rain? How's things with you all, good I hope. Your four legged friends too. Harvey hope things are a bit easier for you.

Love the photos Lynn reminds me of our Shane, German Shepherd used to stand underneath Diamond my daughter's horse. They were good together.

Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Windy still and sunny.

Thank you Moyra.

griff goodness hope it has been reported and the hammer kept as evidence. Hopefully they will get some fingerprints off the hammer.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Lynn, rung 999...they had no description so wouldn't come out, I rung back when I saw the hammer but doubt they will bother, I bagged it up and it's safe. I guess you know who it was
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Griff and all who follow

Goodness Griff hope there are finger prints on the hammer but typical of the police as they would have to do some investigating and that means work! Hope you eventually are able to get closure on this trouble

Rain over night and still very breezy. Just going into the garden to rake up the leaves that have fallen

Hope all are well

Hv a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Seems to me all the police are capable of is catching motorists, and real crime they ignore.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Good morning people.

Rainy showers predicted by weather forecasters and appears they were right just what we have here. However managed to get the bedding washed and 99% dry on the line before they got going. Roast pork for lunch not had that in ages.

Griff Good God has it got that bad, have none of the cameras captured it?

Beautiful warm sunshine here but raining go figure, mind you have a plan for the back garden one small area just thinking/planning it through - something I never used to do but with age comes not wisdom but bad backs. As it includes moving 3x2 old slabs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lynn, rung 999...they had no description so wouldn't come out, I rung back when I saw the hammer but doubt they will bother, I bagged it up and it's safe. I guess you know who it was

Griff, this is really awful, I'm so sad for you. Now you have some evidence the Police really should come out. There may not be enough to prosecute but if they see the Police at your address they will (maybe) have second thoughts.

Sadly I can't really think of anything you might do, obviously going to law over the boundary and such has really got to them. I just hope and pray that things don't escalete.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Good afternoon all.

Good heavens, Kelly, please be careful. They sound like absolute nutters.

Out half an hour earlier this morning because of the carnival in town. In their wisdom, they close all the roads in and out at 12.15 pm for three hours to accommodate it. Absolutely crazy. Having been stuck a few years ago, we have learned to go in half and hour early so we can get out before they close the roads.

As it happened, it worked out pretty well because we got home before the rain started .

Very windy here overnight and it's brought a tree down in the park. Thankfully, it was at the end of the park where there are no carnival attractions as they are all at the other end. That would have created havoc.

Last night there was a major crash in Ingoldmells. Five cars involved all through a drunk driver that then tried to flee the scene. One lady had to be cut out of her car by the sound of it, but no life-threatening injuries thank God. Can you believe that someone asked the fire engine to move so they could go home? It's such a 'me, myself and I' World today

I do hope Teazle is doing well now and back where she belongs - tucked up at home receiving lots of TLC xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
but with age comes not wisdom but bad backs. As it includes moving 3x2 old slabs.

Yes, yoou're right One tip I found from my back problems (several years ago) was do NOT bend and twist at the saame time. So if moving those slabs, first drag in one direction, then if you need to turn move your body around so you are again pulling in ONE direction.

It took me a long time for the penny to drop, all my back problems started when I bent down and then twisted around. The first time I was only picking up a bit paper, then saw another bit to one side, twisted to grab that bit and bingo, back gone, in bed for 3 days
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Bruno is (slowly) getting to know us, Alena reports that he doesn't run off now, she's been letting him 'off lead' when there's a good place in the forrest.

It's been about 4 months now since he came to us. The first few weeks when 'off lead' he would sometimes turn around and trot off in the opposite direction.

Now he'll still wander a bit, but important thing is if he sees Alena & Xeno walking away he'll come running at some point and doesn't go in opposite direction

Feeling a bit better today, hope it continues. Thanks once again for all your thoughts.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >