Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2019, 06:17 AM

Daily Thread Monday 29th July

Good morning everyone

Thinking of you today Harvey and hope all goes well and you don't feel as bad as last time

Overcast here at the moment but have put the washing out. Yesterday I was laid up with a painful swollen foot. My own fault - I slipped off a chair whilst cleaning the kitchen window on Thursday and now the bruising is coming out. Better today though

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2019, 06:43 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. The sun is out and it looks like a nice day so far. Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above everything safe and well. God bless.

Harvey good Luck today , know that we are all thinking of you. God Bless,
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2019, 08:17 AM
Morning all
Ouch Sue!! Hope your foot is feeling better soon
Moyra, we are a bit brighter here too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, griff and all to follow.

Hope the foot heals soon Sue, good excuse to take things a bit easier.
Good luck today Harvey thinking of you.

Dillon was full of life chasing round the garden before our walk this morning thing is it does tire him out, he did manage a good walk though some running on the park cut through the station across the road down the grassy track and back.
He kept resting in the car park on the way back and some lady stopped and asked if we could manage and did we need a lift home with Dillon. We explained he was fine this is an everyday occurrence now and we were not far from home.
It was a posh 4x4 but she was prepared to pop him in the back and take us home. So nice sort of thing we would do.
Then coming back through the park we saw the bin men in their little trucks driving across the park and one stopped to chat about Dillon and said he has a 3 month old DDB.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely day here. Sun is out and there's a lovely breeze. Perfick.

Good luck today Harvey and Sue, rest the foot it sounds painful
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Afternoon all.

Lovely day here busy day yesterday lunch with friends and really nice too in the Toby the plan was a walk round Sutton Park after but rain put paid to that. In the evening I went to a friends BBQ birthday the birthday was still on the BBQ slightly marred. But able to take Gert with me so she was spoilt.

Today just deadheading and also trimmed back the Lavender a little early normally mid August but figure with the weather would do it now as hardly any bees around it now so must of needed "trimming" hopefully another burst before winter.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Hello all
Sue, ouch that foot sounds painfull, still the bruise will disappear soon I hope.

Had the second chemo today, feel fine now, the bad bit will be on Friday when the steroids end, but prepared now, drink at least 2 litres (like Dr. Griff told me ) and take it very easy, probably be in bed most of Friday I don't like being so helpless but for a few days it's the only thing, lower doseage might help too.

Thanks for all your messages it's great to read.

Lynn - Our vet told me that when Casey wanted to lie down just let him. I started carrying a small foldable seat and like you I did get some kind souls asking if they could help. I do strongly believe that most dog owners are much nicer people
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Glad it went well today Harvey, Just take it easy for the next few days and stay in bed on Friday!

Managed to get my bed sheets changed washed and dried today and Steve's are just finishing in the machine. I was dreading doing my sheets as they are king size and too big for me to handle on my own but I coped. Amber hates me changing the bedding because she sees it as her bed. She is flaked out on it now. Good job it took me less time to change the sheets today she hates it when she cannot lay on HER! bed. Good job I love her so much!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2019, 06:00 PM
Harvey, just take it easy...you might feel helpless for a few days but better that than landing yourself in hospital