Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Horrible to have to think about Moyra but we have to don't we.
I think it's maybe easier to make that decision when your pet is no longer a young dog.

'evening Lynn and all followers

Yes it's an awful thing to contemplate but with the larger breeds being elderly at ten or eleven years just imagine if there was no humans around they would likely suffer the last few days / weeks / months in the wild. We never knew for sure what age Casey was but he was definately eleven and two months might even have been twelve and two months. (The microchip record only showed the year of birth not the month day)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-07-2019, 06:13 PM
Strange thing with Xena yesterday, Alena was walking her and Bruno in Knetishall forrest, a couple (no dog) came up behind her and as they were going at a brisk pace Alena let them go by, the man first, Xena went up to him sniffed and moved away (no probs)

Then the woman came past and Xena started barking really strong and even a slight deep growl, she didn't like this women one bit.

Alena asked the women if she was afraid of dogs, she replied "Not in the slightest" and a few other words

But Xena knew something was not right with this women, we'll never know what, but we've both bonded with Xena and we both know she is the sweetest dog you could ever meet and very intelligent. She knew something about this women wasn't right.

Latter in the walk they came across three adults (and a black Lab) Xena went up to them and was all over them (and the Lab) no problems whatsoever.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-07-2019, 06:23 PM
I saw the consultant on Friday, he is going to 'tweak' the 2nd. chemo dose to hopefully reduce the huge exhaustion / tiredness.

I told him I had finally worked out why it took four days for the tiredness / exhaustion to hit me, that's when the steroids finished, he smiled but would not extend the steroid dose
I daren't look up these steroids on Google 'cos I'm sure there's lots of addictive stuff in them.

2nd chemo is tomorrow, I know the drill now so it will hopefully be a bit better, plus I'm determined to keep my fluid intake up and not try to do anything much.

I should be OK until the steroids I just started run out (Thu.)

So be good everyone, and hope all your doggies are OK, bye for now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Awww Harvey, good luck tomorrow and hoping this dose won't be as bad as the last xx I was on 500mg infusions with the chemo drip and 60mg tablets of steroids every day, after 6 years I am still on 5mg everyday and I think that's the lowest I can go....the thing to remember is that they are helping you, worst part for me...increased appetite and weight gain, I got up to 11 stones at my worst
I will always now trust my dogs judgement....I should have previously but didn't but I pay more attention to their reaction to people now and if they don't like people...not do I!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Harvey good Luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you and wishing you feeling better than last time. God bless.

Interesting How xena reacted to that woman?!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Harvey.

Always trust your dogs instinct. There was one man in Upwell he would have nothing to do with. Everyone else if a little aloof he will always be polite, that man he couldn't wait to get past still baffles us to this day to us he seemed a nice man who knows what Dillon picked up and we will never know.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Good evening all. Quite a pleasant day all in all. Gary is a bit arsey, but that's just Gary

Rosie picks up on things too, especially drugs and drink (she would make an excellent sniffer dog). She barks and tries to get past as quickly as she can when she senses something.

Good luck tomorrow Harvey. We are all rooting for you x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2