View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Home from work 9.30-3 terrible in the building as most DIY sheds a metal building PHEW hot.

Got home to find a contented and cool Gert left the front hall/porch curtains closed and front window curtains closed as south facing seems to have worked brilliantly.

Took her out at 6 this morning but still really hot even then so only a quick run and then home.

Hope you have all had a god day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2019, 03:39 PM
I think if we shut our door maybe it would be cooler not sure.
I moved the garden thermometer from the shade and it is reading 42. It is now 32.5 in the bungalow.
We do have as many curtains and blinds closed as possible. The fn with the water reservoir is struggling to keep us cool today the water and ice blocks and ice cubes are warming up so quick because the air is so warm.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Moyra, Rosie hates water with a passion so I know where you are coming from. Even if I say I am going in the bath she tucks in behind Dave just in case it's a ploy to get her in there too.

It's slightly cooler on the back garden now as a breeze has started to come in. Unfortunately, it's still in the sun for the most part. To think that it's a selling point to have a garden that's in the sun all day. On days like the past few days, it's more of a pain than a blessing
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think if we shut our door maybe it would be cooler not sure.
I moved the garden thermometer from the shade and it is reading 42. It is now 32.5 in the bungalow.
We do have as many curtains and blinds closed as possible. The fn with the water reservoir is struggling to keep us cool today the water and ice blocks and ice cubes are warming up so quick because the air is so warm.
Totally agree there took a packet of butter out of the fried vacuumed (mistake so warm) the living room and 10-15 minutes later the butter had melted pretty much.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Moyra, Rosie hates water with a passion so I know where you are coming from. Even if I say I am going in the bath she tucks in behind Dave just in case it's a ploy to get her in there too.

It's slightly cooler on the back garden now as a breeze has started to come in. Unfortunately, it's still in the sun for the most part. To think that it's a selling point to have a garden that's in the sun all day. On days like the past few days, it's more of a pain than a blessing

My back garden is North facing have to say though its boiling out there even now Gert keeps thinking its time for a walk but not a chance when I sit down she settles in fact as I vacuumed earlier she even went to sleep.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Trying a trick with the stand fan. Ones that go on the worktop or a helf they say put a bowl of ice in front of it and it helps circulate the cold round the room. I have got the airer out wetted a towel in cold water wrung it out and hung it on the airer in front of the fan.
It does help if you sit near it.
Not at all surprised at the butter Kazz.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 05:06 PM
A Bungalow bath is a galvanised bath like as a child we would bath in, in front of the fire in the kitchen when we had no bathrooms in those days. They used to hang them on the side of bungalow when they were not in use. I have used mine for my Chloe who loved water and then after she died I used it filled with soil to grow my runner beans and Sweet peas in too. Now it just lays out the back not being used.

Steve is peeing me off because he wants all windows and doors closed and fans going all round and it means Amber cannot get to her bowls of food and water in the kitchen. He is finding it hard to keep the temps down in his fish tanks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Our fish rank is fine Moyra.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
A Bungalow bath is a galvanised bath like as a child we would bath in, in front of the fire in the kitchen when we had no bathrooms in those days. They used to hang them on the side of bungalow when they were not in use. I have used mine for my Amber who loved water and then after she died I used it filled with soil to grow my runner beans and Sweet peas in too. Now it just lays out the back not being used.

Steve is peeing me off because he wants all windows and doors closed and fans going all round and it means Amber cannot get to her bowls of food and water in the kitchen. He is finding it hard to keep the temps down in his fish tanks.
Shift the fan and let Amber get to her water.... tell him to simply take the heater out of the tank or turn it off and open the lids.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Moyra thanks for the info just intrigued me the term Bungalow bath.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >