Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2019, 06:32 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 23rd July, 2019

Good morning all, lovely morning here, hope you have likewise. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above things, safe and well. God bless.

Harvey, hope you are feeling better this morning, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2019, 06:45 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Overcast here but very hot had a short walk with Dillon, brought him in the front door as we are going out later for lunch with Michael and Margaret. To celebrate her birthday which is the 5th August.
Hopefully 3rd time lucky for her knee op it keeps getting rescheduled she will be recovering on her birthday so hoping she gets it done this time.
Dillon is sulking and worked out what was happening in the front garden threw himself down on the gravel removed to move still had his walking gear on. I unlocked the door went back and got the handle of his harness and he got straight up and in Gorden was why wouldn't he do that for me.
Now have the mini air condition unit on with freezer blocks in the reservoir to keep the place cool for him.

Harvey hope you are doing ok and that this heat isn't tiring you out.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Have a good time with Michael and Margaret. Naughty Dillon. Its funny how they pick up on the smaller change which means something different is happening.

Very hot here now and promising to get hotter. Have pruned back a bush a bit now that it has finished flowering so that the plants in front can start to flower.

Hve a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Morning all
Well hot, just the way I like it!! My pigeon is here again, he is now called jack.... I didn't name him, mums friend decided he could be one of jack duckworths and now he is called Jack
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Good afternoon all.

We've worked out a lovely route for Rosie for this hot weather. About a mile in total (but we stop for brekkie and later a drink - all in the shade). The majority of it is shade, plenty of grass to walk on and maybe 100 metres where it's in the sun and pavement and I can easily carry her for that if the pavement gets too hot. It was just a case of juggling which car park to use .

I'm a good barometer for what's decent for our walk because I soon suffer in hot weather. If I'm uncomfortable then Rosie is .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Afternoon everyone lovely lunch out but boy was/it is it hot.
Dillon was lovely and cool fan with the ice blocks going curtains drawn and blinds down he was much cooler than we were.
We didn't stop at Michael and Margaret for coffee due to worrying about him being hot and we had coffee at the pub but needn't of worried.
I am doing it all again tomorrow meeting a friend at Royston Gorden will be home with him tomorrow so no need to worry.
Chris I am the same regards knowing if I'm to hot then Dillon is.
Sue hope you have had nice easy day after trimming the bush.
griff welcome to Jack.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Hello everyone

Just a quick look in, oh boy is it hot just read that the Met Office say tonight will be the hotest night (Not Thu. as they were previously saying)

Lynn love your ice blocks and cool fan for Dillon, we don't have that but there is a good amount of shade in the garden and we have 3 fans going full time indoors. Xena & Bruno do what dogs do instinctively and don't move around much.

Later Alena will take them down to the river, Bruno went in 3 times last night

Been feeling a bit better today, have been able to keep my fluid intake up because I use Griff's tip and mix orange juice and water, much easier (and tastier) than plain water.

Love the idea of Griff naming her pidgeon 'Jack' after the character in Corrie. Many years I ago I watched and always had a laugh at Jack Duckworth, they tell me the current cast are not as funny, can't really be doing with all this psychological stuff so haven't watched for decades

Well take it easy all of you, and drink lots
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Awww Harvey, so glad you seem a bit better. Lol...Bruno is a proper water baby then
Lynn, glad Dillon was o.k
Chris, it was still hot last night and I didn't take the dogs, it's not worth it...I can't carry them if they collapse so fun at home instead
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2019, 04:45 PM
Hello Harvey lovely to see you pop in and glad you are feeling a bit better and that griff's tip is working.
I think I would be in that river with Bruno.
We have had this unit years we got it for Ollie in case of hot summers. I cannot be bothered to look for the ice cube trays but had some lolly moulds in arms reach and have filled them with water putting ice cubes and the blocks in the reservoir makes it extra cold.
Have a feeling it may be on through the night its 27 indoors.

griff I am the same I couldn't take Dillon if I didn't think we could make it back.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2019, 04:56 PM
I just don't think it's worth it...I don't think missing a couple of walks hurts them and if they didn't pass out it may be me lol
I had a proper air con unit for Diesel, my friend who runs a rescue said the dogs were suffering in the heat so the next day we took it up to her house so the rescue dogs have air conditioned kennels lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >