Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2019, 08:14 AM

Morning Sunday 21st July (19)

Morning all.
Hope everyone is well today. Lovely sunny morning here hoping it stays that way over to mark and Laurens later her family are visiting to but we are invited ad they didn't get to see Gorden for his Birthday.

Harvey wishing you well soon and that the tiredness eases soon.
griff you could start your own pigeon loft.
Chris glad Dave seems on the mend.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow

Safe journey later and enjoy your visit

Griff we were told by a racing pigeon expert that the owners don't want failed homing pigeons so it looks like you have a friend for life.

Pleased Dave is on the mend Chris

Lovely morning here. Towels washed and on the line and a bit of dead heading done. Now time for coffee.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Enjoy your coffee Sue.

Just been informed by Mark that Lauren's niece may be coming down with chicken pox. We will pop over but not stay to long and avoid Elsie at all costs.
I have had chickenpox Gorden several times but for us it would now be shingles. Don't fancy that.

Personally if it had been one of the boys I would not of taken them but parenting seems to of taken a very different turn these days.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Morning Lynn and Sue and all others to come. Just been for a wander up our local park. Few tears this morning. Shows I am not ready for another dog. Not that I will now as just not feeling it. I was talking to the friends that took me to the garden centre on Friday and they said they can't imagine me without a dog but there is a time to stop I think. Especially as one gets older.? Have a good day everyone. Enjoy your pooches.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2019, 10:28 AM
Morning brenda. Hugs it's hard.
Get what you mean about getting older and getting another dog. We feel the same when we no longer have Dillon.

Would you be a failed foster in the future ? Or how about an oldie in the future ?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Afternoon all

Dog walked, washing on line, bedding changed and finally remembered to change to the 4.5tog duvet. The old one although good will be put aside for the inside of Gerts bed in the winter.
Cleaned the windows downstairs inside and out and changed nets. Blinds (at front downstairs) down now cleaned ready for the winter. Nets washed and on line.

Front garden swept and tomorrow will clean the front porch door and framework either side.

Dog walked again.

Dinner under way, so taking a sit down break and looking on here.

Brenda I think you may want a dog but sometimes you have to go with your head and heart when it says "enough" but never say never. I think Tyto was an impossible act to follow.
A friend of mine was similar to you and has never got another dog, we all said she would be she never has.

Lynn Why would you take a child with possible chickenpox to party/gathering odd especially when shingles is such a terrible thing 5/10 times aftereffects are life changing. Have a good time though.

Sue have a nice coffee. I am an instant coffee drinker
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Afternoon all
Lol.....I am not allowed to keep pigeons under this stupid covenant....however, if I buy a dovecote he is free to come and go lol I don't mind him being here at all, he is a sweet little thing, my dad thought I was mental as I chat away to him as I am feeding him....dad goes to feed him and he flies off so therefore I am right...natter to him and he likes you
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Good afternoon all.

Quite warm here but overcast so pleasant walking about. There are two new electric car charging points in the car park. It seems odd to me that the two cars using them were parked up and charging when we got there and were still there when we left some 3 hours later. Me thinks there's quite a way to go before electric cars become practical.

Brenda, I know exactly where you are coming from. Rosie will be our last dog. I'm coming up 66, Dave 69 and Rosie is now 8. By the time Rosie is no longer with us, it will be impractical to think that we could outlive a new dog and it just wouldn't be fair to get one with the very likely prospect of re-homing. Old age really is a booger at times.

Having had both chicken pox and shingles, Lynn, I wouldn't even go. Where are the parent's brains?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Kazz you have been really busy. Getting ready for Winter to hope we have a bit longer of the Summer apparently we have a heatwave coming that will last till October.
griff I am sure your pigeon friend would love a dovecote. I am totally with you that if you chat to animals it helps them to understand you are a fiend not foe.
Chris in total agreement with the electric car theory.

We had a lovely afternoon nice to meet again with Lauren's family and meet her stepmum.
We sincerely hope we have not brought any lurgy home. Didn't really get that close as the children all did their own thing.
Must admit though the thought of it made me itchy. Could of been the insects very hard not to scratch to much.

The little boy has just recovered and his sister is coming down with it feeling a bit unwell and spots coming. Chris yes quite agree that they should of stayed away, we were in two minds but get to see so little of Mark due to his working patterns and Joel was over to so decided to risk it.
She was itchy so I mentioned calamine lotion apparently modern parenting doesn't advise it anymore. Also her mum said you cannot shingles from chickenpox. So that shut me up.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2019, 05:22 PM
If her mum said so, it must be right
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >