Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2019, 06:17 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 8th July 2019

Good morning everyone and Good luck to Harvey, hope all goes well. I trust you are all well and happy apart from Harvey that is and your four legged friends too.

Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2019, 06:43 AM
Morning Moyra
Harvey, thinking of you today xx
Chris... sounds an awful trip for your daughter, I know when I used to get the coach to ingoldmells, they all went the same route...I think they are supposed to stick to the companies route.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2019, 07:58 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all to follow.
Chilier and overcast here today. Off to vet later to discuss the stumbling episodes and see what she has to offer if anything or whether it's something we accept and as long as Dillon is happy we all live with it.
Going onto a country park after the vet visit.

Chris what a shame for your sister and daughter yesterday. Also the flat tyre.
Glad you got some time together though and enjoyed it.
Harvey thinking of you today.
griff hope you get to the bottom of the pain in your wrist today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2019, 08:03 AM
Good morn all

Decided it was about time i experimented with photographic lighting, so took this yesterday evening around 8.15 pm
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2019, 08:05 AM
Good morning Moyura, Griff, Lynn and all who follow

Thinking of you today Harvey.

Hope all goes well for you at the docs Griff

Also hope the vet is happy with Dillon and you can continue to manage his little problems as you are doing now.

Sorry your daughter had such a long journey home Chris

Quite nice here this morning so taking the chance to go out for a few hours.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2019, 02:08 PM
That's a nice Penstemon.
Hope you enjoyed your trip out Sue.

Well not the best news but the worst either.
Seems we have come to the end of the road of natural remedies. Right front elbow very resistant to manipulation and left hip same and a lot of crunching going on to.
We could go down the route of imaging to see how far advanced the arthritis is. Would we want him heavily sedated at his age ? We could look into platelet therapy again at nearly 8 would it actually be beneficial ? So for now we have decided with a conservative pain management programme of Previcox he has had these before with no ill effects and go back in a month to let them know how he is doing and for vet to do manipulation again and also check his neurological signs again at the moment they are fine.
Vet does feel we need to keep a check on those though as the Exon 2 DM test came back low risk and carrier.
She doesn't know the statistics but does know some dogs in that category can get the DM.
Finished off popping into Wells next the sea for a wander and a coffee didn't stay long as hot and crowded although Dillon was his usual gracious self in allowing the odd child to fuss him even though he had been pulled around by the vet and was a little hot and bothered.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2019, 02:12 PM
Good afternoon all.

Hope Harvey does well today with his first chemo session and, Kelly, I hope the doctor has something to offer to sort your wrist out. Lynn, I hope the vet can come up with something to ease Dillon's problems out too

Unfortunately we are paying for yesterday. Dave had half a fish at the fish and chip shop ( half of mine). I did tell him not to eat the batter, but, of course he did. He has been in terrible pain and running to the loo this morning. Thankfully, things have settled down for him now, but he has learned that battered fish is off his list of things he can eat.

Gary has been in a terrible mood too. I expected it as it was a very long day for him yesterday and we always have a comeback when the family have been.

Ah well, things should get back to more normal tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2019, 02:23 PM
Oh dear Chris hope things are calmer tomorrow for you and dave's tummy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Lynn, sorry the supplements have stopped working
Lovely phot tumbleweed
Hope you have a good day sue
Chris, sorry Dave is poorly and Gary is in a mood
Going to be referred to the hospital for my wrist, dad took me up and when I came out the car wouldn't start...as out again, £155 for a new battery
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well not the best news but the worst either.
Seems we have come to the end of the road of natural remedies. Right front elbow very resistant to manipulation and left hip same and a lot of crunching going on to.

I know you'll do the best for him Lynn

Originally Posted by Chris View Post
but he has learned that battered fish is off his list of things he can eat.

Gary has been in a terrible mood too.

But battered fish can be so tempting

Regardin Gary, sorry to read that but I sense that you know when this is comming and can be prepared, I hope that's the case.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >