View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2007, 01:23 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news. You have donw all you can for Cassie and she is so lucky to have had you and you her. I wish her a peaceful jounrey to the bridge and my thoughts are with you at this sad time

Take care x
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Helena I am truly sorry and upset to hear this. I too think Cassie is a very lucky girl to have such a caring, and brave, mum xxx This is so sad, I just want to hug you. Please give Cassie some big hugs and kisses from all of us here.

Take care Helena xx

Dee xxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh Helena, like the others I have tears rolling down my face reading this and feel so sad for you and for Cassie.
I cannot imagine what you are going through right now.
Do you ever wish there was a fast forward button or maybe rewind or pause and you could go back in time to happier days or perhaps a couple of years forward, missing out all the sadness and tears and into a time when time has been a healer.
You and Cassie were so lucky to have found each other and to have had such wonderful times together.
Cherish the time you have with her (as you always have and as you will now).
Hugs to you all. Jo xx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news but remember you've always done the best for her & now you are still doing what's best for her. Enjoy these last few days as much as you can & spoil her as it doesn't matter now if you spoil her rotten. I still feel the shock of losing my Anni from cancer last Christmas. My thoughts are with you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks to all of you, oh wouldn't it be nice to have that rewind button, I would certainly use it right now - I think I would go back to the day I first saw this funny little round ball of black fur bouncing around in a stableyard. Strange that she was the last one left of the litter that nobody wanted, I'm sure they were saving her just for me. I knew she'd be trouble,when only a week of having her home, she got her head stuck in our metal gate, coz her ears were far too big to let her pull it back out again, and I had to get the fire brigade to cut her out!

Poor Georgie is scratching like mad and I'm sure stress makes him worse and I just know that he knows somehow. We all had a cuddle under the stairs in her bed just now and he kissed her on the nose and she kissed him back. He will miss her terribly even though he's still got me, I'm not the same as having a bossy girlfriend about the place. Oh how we'll all miss her. I do hope she knows how much I adore her and how I'm only doing this for her. I do hope she doesn't suffer before the vet is called,and I do hope I make the decision at the right time before it's too late and she ends up in pain. I've got a lot of responsibility on my shoulders at the moment haven't I. For me,the worst part will be the emptiness she'll leave behind, even though I have Georgie to console me and me him, she's been my little shadow for the past 11 1/2 years, always had her beady eyes on me in case I dared to go out without her in the mornings! She loved it when I was ill and in bed for a week, she stayed at the foot of the bed happy as Larry thinking she's got me pinned down in one spot where she can keep tabs on me! I think I'll know when the time is right somehow, and if she isn't interested in this freshly cooked chicken I've prepared for her maybe it's nearer than I thought.

Better act normal again now or she'll suss something's up! I don't let her see my crying
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh sweetie, she knows how much you all love her. Well done for being strong for her. Georgie will be there to comfort you. We're all thinking of you and hoping you get through this ok. Take care xx
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 03:13 PM
We reached a very similar decision with our weimi last year. You have my upmost respect. Make her time happy and make memories! Love and Licks from us.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh Helena, like everyone else I have tears streaming down my face! I just dont know what to say!

Thinking of you and all your family - gentle hugs for Cassie and one for Georgie to!

Sharon x
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sorry I've made you all cry today and embarrass you Anne in front of your friends, but if I know you, these friends will be animal lovers anyways so they'll more than understand just how soft us lot are! Mys. I will understand if I don't see you post anymore when the time comes and thankyou for taking the time to let me know how special Cassie was to you as well over the past 2 years.
Awww as much as I will be lost for words on that day I will be here - your more important than me not knowing what to say.

Cassie keeps coming into my mind today, I'm thinking of her alot.

...I was gonna write so much more but it's making the water works turn on and I don't want to make you get even more tears

Lots of love to you guys xx
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh Helena i am so sorry,thinking of you both x
Page 4 of 49 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »