Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
nope..............its not a combi it only heats heating NOT WATER ...thats a differnt boiler
I see that now after reading it back (duh) ok just save the blind comment for me.

Glad you know what itis now though.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
I see that now after reading it back (duh) ok just save the blind comment for me.

Glad you know what itis now though.
lol ..i just read the front of the boiler ...oddley enough it has info on their DOH .......well its near the ground so thats my excuse am too old to get down there LOL
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 04:31 PM
was just on phone to gas man ...he says its ok to shut off one or 2 in rooms not used but the thermo will not work properly if the temp in rooms are too high or low ( what ever that means )

he says for you boiler to work at its best effect allow the thermo to kick in when its too warm rather than close rads off

from Gary the corgi man ( who hasn't got any corgi's LOL )
Thanks Inca - the thermostat is at the back of the living room and I have to actually switch it nearly to the top (don't know what that is cos its that old the numbers have worn off it ) before the radiators come on and it can be absolutely freezing in the living room so don't think its working properly to tell you the truth. I just switch it to the top to get it on and then turn it a bit further back and the radiators go off Its a very old heating system its been in since 1979
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
i think thats the valve.........don't mess with that LOL

corgi man says shutting of rads may save you a few pennies ELECTRIC cos your pump won't have to works so hard

I LOVE GORGI MAN ...........BUT HE HAS NO CORGI'S
Gorgi man Is that short for Gorgeous then Inca?

So I may as well have them all on than one on then is that right?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 04:36 PM
LOL i would rather live the 10 years quoted in the warm
Yes me too
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
If Mr Loki doesn't stop pinching and shredding baby wipes it'll be NO dogs!

Benji loves doing that with tissues - don't think he likes the taste of baby wipes
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 04:40 PM
nope..............its not a combi it only heats heating NOT WATER ...thats a differnt boiler

the boiler is a glow worm one ( any one else got one )
Yes mines a glow worm boiler Inca Is yours a back boiler?
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm really confused now because I don't think i have a thermostat. Is this what regulates the temperature and automatically turns the heating down/up?

I have GCH but but it is from a Potterton boiler with a knob to turn up or down for hotter rads. It also has a little separate clock/timer thingy to turn it on/off.

There is a sticker on the front saying that a competent person only should use it. Haha there's me sitting in the cold then
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Thanks Inca - the thermostat is at the back of the living room and I have to actually switch it nearly to the top (don't know what that is cos its that old the numbers have worn off it ) before the radiators come on and it can be absolutely freezing in the living room so don't think its working properly to tell you the truth. I just switch it to the top to get it on and then turn it a bit further back and the radiators go off Its a very old heating system its been in since 1979
Do you have your boiler serviced regularly Foxy? If not then start! On one hand, a boiler that old could be burning inefficiently, putting you at risk of carbon monoxide emissions (one of the most poisonous things I can think of off the top of my head , and especially undesirable for the kiddies) In addition, it would give you an opportunity to have the thermostat checked out. It's quite likely that it's not working properly, which could mean you paying considerably more for your heating than is necessary.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Do you have your boiler serviced regularly Foxy? If not then start! On one hand, a boiler that old could be burning inefficiently, putting you at risk of carbon monoxide emissions (one of the most poisonous things I can think of off the top of my head , and especially undesirable for the kiddies) In addition, it would give you an opportunity to have the thermostat checked out. It's quite likely that it's not working properly, which could mean you paying considerably more for your heating than is necessary.
Yes I have the 3 star service cover with British gas - have had for the last 18 years since we bought the house. They come out once a year and check the boiler and fire etc but don't think they check the thermostat actually Will have to ask them next time they come. The boiler and fire are only about 8 years old.
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >