Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:00 PM

Frontline - any health issues?

Has anyone seen any health issues come about from using Frontline? We will have to treat Loki for fleas for the first time ever and the vet wants to give us Frontline but I thought I heard somewhere that it can cause seizures?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:11 PM
I've been using frontline for as long as I can remember (on my dogs this is, not me personally ) and I haven't had any problems regarding siezures with any of my dogs, past or present.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks Corrie - I did ask the vet but he hasn't heard of it at all and he said it is a well-established product with an excellent safety margin. Not that I don't trust vets or anything but I just wanted to check a bit more before I give it to him .
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:19 PM
I have used Frontline on my Daisy and Barney before her and they never had any ill effects.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks!
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
I use it on all 3 of my dogs and the 2 cats as well have dont for years with no problems at all
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Found this on an epi site so worries definitely over.

Flea and tick medications can also cause seizures. It is recommended that epi dogs be given Interceptor as a monthly heartworm preventative and Frontline used for fleas. Avoid products with Ivermectin it has been known to cause seizures in some breeds.
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-08-2006, 01:56 PM
I use it, I am not comfortable with anything which penetrates the skin but it's safe.

If you see any of this nonsense regarding this does this and that does that just totaly ignore the persons.

If you want to battle it out, not just with frontline but a whole host of things, ask them for the numbers sold over a 5 year period and to NAME the cases, date and year of incident etc and WHO concluded that 'this was to blame' or 'that was to blame'.

There are groups of obssesives running round the dog world, probably caused by modern ease of communications, saying all sorts of things non of which has any foundation in science or fact.

I been watching a topic on BARF, it was hardly that, it was several pages of condemnation of dry foods, without any facts or figures to back up anything, believe me it is pure and total dogma.

Epileptic fits with frontline - "Pahh" there must have been billions of sachets of it used, even if one has caused one case of epilepsy in 1 billion that proves its safety, not any dangers, to many scaremongers around with hidden agendas or a touch of madness.

As I said I am not comfortable with it or anything which penetrates the skin but thats pure psychological condition on my part and nothing to do with the product.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi LS did you read Roys article..
http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=20146

I don't like any of the 'drop on the neck' flea methods having witnessed a dog have a severe reaction (a Westie, it later died). I guess some treatments are worse than others , fortunately I have never needed to use any having my own flea prevention regime.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2006, 02:09 PM
..here is some more info for you LS

http://www.apnm.org/publications/res...leachemfin.pdf

...as the cause of Lokis problem is not fully understood I would think very carefully about using any spot treatments on him.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >