View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Well im pretty sure my teeth are designed to eat just CHOCOLATE TEEHEEHEE well ok perhaps not but i like to eat it anyway! :smt077

Me personally, i love my veggies and fruit but i love my meat as well. I cannot stand the taste or smell of fish though. I know its really good for you but i just cant stomach it! :smt078
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd

I'd love to do the whole small scale organic farming thing, but I know I'd give them all names and end up keeping them all instead of eating them!
That's why I don't keep chickens!

I eat meat, considered veggie, but rejected it because my mother (when she was still compos mentis) used to try to force vegetarianism on me.

Up here, the food animals are all grass-fed, no woznums thrown at them.

BTW - eggs are a big source of cholesterol, and the recommended maximum is three eggs a week. Bummer when you like them as much as I do.

Snorri
(Mother-induced militant carnivore)
cumbriandoglover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes I eat meat & so do all my family. I have never knowingly met a veggie. I didnt get to the top of the food chain, to become a vegetarian!!!! Most of our meat is our own either farmed ourselves or shot by ourselves. We buy fish from a fish monger & all our meat is reared organically. Our game is not organic as things like venison have often wandered from a neighbours farm....ditto pheasant/woodcock. The only thin we dont do ourselves is pork but my sister has an organic freerange pig farm & on our annual bvisit down to her place we bring home a pig for the freezer.
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Katrina342
No meat, chicken or fish for me for over 20 years
Same here. Although hubby and girls are not vegetarians
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-03-2006, 06:35 PM
as omnivores meat is an important part of our diet and always ha been through evolution of man.. same way Chimps will hunt and kill monkeys and eat it...primates are by no means herbivores.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Rip, You got to try my OH's vegetable recipes, he does an amazing vegetable curry, the roasted vegetables are divine, we also make fresh guacamole and tomato dips which are so fresh and beautiful, bit of fresh coriander, squeeze of lemon.

I think he fancies himself as a Jamie Oliver, and being as biased, he's just as good

Mys, I reckon we could give you a dose of our cooking and you'd change your mind

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
God I wish I liked veg, most of them make me hurl! Tried some Asparagus the other day and I had to run to the bin!
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by cumbriandoglover
Yes I eat meat & so do all my family. I have never knowingly met a veggie. I didnt get to the top of the food chain, to become a vegetarian!!!! Most of our meat is our own either farmed ourselves or shot by ourselves. We buy fish from a fish monger & all our meat is reared organically. Our game is not organic as things like venison have often wandered from a neighbours farm....ditto pheasant/woodcock. The only thin we dont do ourselves is pork but my sister has an organic freerange pig farm & on our annual bvisit down to her place we bring home a pig for the freezer.
Hi, IMO there should be no pride in being top of the food chain. We know better, therefore our actions should reflect our humanity and I don't believe that factory farming - which is the basis of most meat products, and let's face it, most dairy products - is humane. You clearly avoid being a uncaring consumer - thats reflected in how you consume, but please accept that most people don't: that's why supermarkets thrive on providing cheap animal-based foodstuff.

We're top of the food chain because we don't need to face reality. Most people who buy supermarket meat/chicken/fish don't take an interest in how it has been produced. That's not to say they don't care, it's just that in our world today, people are concerned more with other issues. If they are aware and can accept it, then that's different.
Gail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I've not eaten meat for 20 years now.

It's the factory farming that I object to, so I do eat fish - as long as it's not farmed, which is becoming harder to find. (Did you know that Tesco don't sell wild salmon at all?)

I've often thought that I might like to buy meat from an organic farm but I'm not sure how I'd feel about eating meat now.

Still - I'm happy as I am
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 12:47 PM
we buy meat from our local butchers as everything is produced on his freinds free range farm, including fabulous lancashire creamy cheese (another friends farm!)

Veg we get from sainsburys but i year for the time i can get back into the country side and use farm shops!!!

Eggs are always free range and i try to make my own bread.....

but i couldnt do without sdausages and bacon.......(drool)

Incidentally my friewnd tracey beacme veggie at high school and started getting anaemia, so the doc out her on iron tablets and encouraged green leafy veg, but she started fainting and they found out she couldn absorb iron properly and had to start eating meat again....she was gutted....
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm afraid I like my meat. In an ideal world, I would raise my own, but I'd probably get too attached anyway, and not be able to eat it.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >