View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I am so surprised your house hasn't sold yet Julie, it's immaculate!

It is always quiet around this time of year tho.

Have you looked at similar sized houses nearby? How much are they going for? If it's around the same price I guess it's just a matter of time.

Hopefully early next year you will be posting photos of you new house in Norway
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks! Yes, the estate agents said there's nothing we can do to the house to improve it really (maybe get a table in along the wall in the livingroom, like a bar table, but cant afford it anyway now), so we just have to wait for the right person.

From what I've seen online I think the price is right, and people who have looked at other similar priced houses in the area have said this house is of a much better standard (newer kitchenm bathroom and floor, nothing major needs doing up) than the other ones.
So yeah! Just need someone like ourselves, young couple maybe, or someone who wants to buy it to rent it out .

I'd like this house! Dream on!
http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/h...ICE_TO=2000000
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post

I'd like this house! Dream on!
http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/h...ICE_TO=2000000

Omg it's stunning!! Doesn't seem too far from Oslo either.

Does all that land come with it? What's the housing market like there? Could you put a lower offer in? Who knows... that house might be *yours*!

Unless I get it before you
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 11:01 PM
WOW that last house you posted looks amazing!
Sounds exciting plans ahead - hope you sell your house soon - can't believe how tidy your house is
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Time for an update again!
It's really dragging now.

We accepted an offer on our house in the middle of December. Because of Christmas things were slowed down. Our house has had repairs done to it about 10 years ago (a drain collapsed and was underpinned), which has got a cerfiticate to say it's ok and nothing has ever happened since.
We waited, waited and waited longer. So, 1,5 week ago the estate agents calls us and says the buyer pulled out. Apparently it was because of the repairs done earlier, which he knew about all along the way. We never kept this a secret as everything is in order and any buyer would be told anyway.

Is it normal that it takes 1,5 months to sort out paperwork and sell a house in the UK? Or does our estate agents just suck?

So, yeah. A waste of almost two months.
Now it's back to viewings and people showing up 40 minutes early .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry to say, it took us a whole year to sell a beautiful house in a very sought after Sussex village. It had 4 beds, 3 bathrooms and was absolutely immaculate because the top half was all new, and then we had the whole of the bottom half refurbished, it was absolutely immaculate! We had lots of viewings, more so than other houses according to our agents, but most of them were complete time wasters and just wanted to have a nosey imo!

Even when we did sell it, that was only the beginning of our nightmare, because what the solicitors need off you in this day and age is quite incredible! They want certificates for this, certificates for that, and god help you if hubby did a bit of diy'ing around the house, because if it didn't get signed off by the building inspector or whoever, then it would get thrown back at you. Quite unbelievable how hard they've made it now to sell a house, getting the "offer" is the easy bit, it's the aftermath that's the problem. Until somebody has paid to send a surveyor round and until you've actually exchanged contracts, my advice would be don't pack a thing!

Because we had major building works upstairs, I obviously had all that paperwork, but not for the downstairs, where some was done by builders and other stuff done by o/h because he was more than capable and it was a darn site cheaper, BUT, without certificates you for just about everything including all windows (Fensa's) it was a nightmare getting them and costly!

I wouldn't move again if you paid me no matter how enticing the grass was elsewhere!

Good luck, you're gonna need it, and things should pick up in the spring and if you're lucky, you might get a buyer by November like we did
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post
Is it normal that it takes 1,5 months to sort out paperwork and sell a house in the UK? Or does our estate agents just suck?
See Helenas post above I can't remember how many times we've moved house but it must be close to double figures and we've never done it in less than three months from putting it on the market and in some cases it's taken us nearly as long as Helena.

But as Helena has rightly said Spring is not far away and this is generally acknowledged as the best time to sell a property.

You will get all kinds of time wasters and people who just want an afternoon out and nosey around someones elses place, but at least you won't have the wannabe property developers messing you about, our last sale the guy came, spent 10 minutes looking and made an offer, it latter transpired he needed a mortgage of 20% of the offer price, we thought that would be easy but after months and months of lies and waiting in for surveyors who never turned up it transpired he couldn't get the mortgage and we had to start all over again
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 01:00 PM
It took us 11 months to sell our last bungalow on a 'sought after' estate

Like you, our first buyers pulled out which was really a pain and took us through the last period of a buoyant market which made me seethe at the time, but it turned out to be for the best as we completely changed our minds on where we were going to live and we love it here

A quick turn-around when you have sold seems to take at least 8 weeks unless it's gone down the auction route and there are plenty of hassles along the way.

I'm hoping we never, ever, ever have to move again until the wooden box comes to the door. It's so damned stressful, but well worth it when you get to where you want to be.

Good luck. With spring coming, you should have more buyers on the market. It can sometimes be good to change agents too as then it looks new to the market.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I can't believe it has to take that long to sell a house! Maybe it's just different routines and ways of doing it. If you decide and you have the mortgage ready you can have your new house within a couple of weeks in Norway .

The last guy had a surveyor around and we've got ALL the paperwork and certificates in order, ready to hand over.
Just have to wait for the right person I guess. We had three viewings today.

Helena: I completely agree! Until everything is signed and handed over, I'm not packing, planning or selling a single item!

Meanwhile I can just dream on and browse houses online, hehe..
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 09:08 PM
The solicitors here often drag their heels. Add that to the length of time it takes for searches to come through and it always seems to take forever. When we bought my son's flat, it was a cash sale and still took 8 weeks from start to finish even though we were in a hurry and pushed all the way to get it through. It was far less stressful than when we sold and bought though as getting the solicitors to coordinate everything so that we could all move at the same time was a flaming nightmare.

They charge extortionate fees, but cause now't but frustration.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >