Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Wow - exciting times.

Norway is somewhere I've always had an itch to visit.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Nippy: yes we want to get a 3 bedroom house so maybe we could arrange for a little "bed and breakfast" special Dogsey price for you hehe!

ClaireandDaisy: Yep that is correct. However, I've lived there all my life except these last 2 years in the UK, and people let their dogs off the lead constantly. It's nothing I see as a problem . There are no dog wardens like here, and I've never even heard of anyone being fined for having their dog off lead (as the police have other things to do than lurk around fields and forests ) .
Ofc you have to be sensible and use a lead where there might be animal babies and lots of people, but the same goes for the UK.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=JulieSS;2600033
ClaireandDaisy: Yep that is correct. However, I've lived there all my life except these last 2 years in the UK, and people let their dogs off the lead constantly. It's nothing I see as a problem . There are no dog wardens like here, and I've never even heard of anyone being fined for having their dog off lead (as the police have other things to do than lurk around fields and forests ) .
[/QUOTE]

A bit like Ireland with GSDs then - where they are meant to be muzzled and on lead all the time... but no-one bothers?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post
people let their dogs off the lead constantly. It's nothing I see as a problem . There are no dog wardens like here, and I've never even heard of anyone being fined for having their dog off lead (as the police have other things to do than lurk around fields and forests)
A bit like this country then, here there are loads of laws passed by the parliament (They've only had a democratic parliament for 20 years so they are still excited at being able to do so )

But the reality is that local people continue to do what they've always done, for example there is a law about keeping your chickens secure and fenced after the bird flu scare a few years ago, but every time I go to town I see chickens running around on the roads and in the hedge rows
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Yep, sounds about the same .
Some people are sensible, and others are not. You will always have idiots that walk into bird reservoirs etc and let their dogs run like mad men.

And then you have saints like me that stick to forests with my angel dogs that walk on the path ofc.

No, but seriously. Common sense.
Things are more spread out in Norway, depending on where you live you can go for an hours walk in the woods and not meet a single person.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Sounds fantastic I am quite jealous! I wish I could leave my ruddy family but I get too homesick - otherwise i'd be back in Scotland!

I must say I much prefer the second house, just my kinda place, and nic bit of land around the house, the dogs would love that!

All the best, keep us updated x
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm realizing though, its scary to buy a house! Worried we might fall in love with something, buy it and fall in a trap.
My dads friend is a carpenter so he's definitely gonna come with us to check out potential houses.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post
Things are more spread out in Norway, depending on where you live you can go for an hours walk in the woods and not meet a single person.
can I come?
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Ofc ^^
I remember with my wolfhound I used to walk in a bit of forest that my stepdad owns, we never used to meet anyone there. Then one evening we met a guy with a rifle! I was a bit like....eeeek?! Made sure to hold the.dog close then haha. I bet he was just hunting pigeons though!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 05:39 PM
I really am jealous, I have visited Norway several times and I love it.
Good luck to you, you must stay on Dogsey so that we can hear all about it.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »