Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 08:38 PM

"And Man Created Dog"

Anyone else just been watching this on cable? Nat Geo Wild.

There was one dog in particular, a gorgeous, dark honey-coloured Golden Retriever who is an assistance dog; his owner is an ex army captain who suffers flashbacks, and problems with walking & balance.

Very moving, I thought, especially the part that showed this stunning GR curled up on the bed with his owner, ready to wake him if he starts having terrible nightmares

The guy was saying that he was spending vast amounts of time in his apartment, alone, brooding. Now he has this beautiful dog who has helped him so much.

Just wondered if anyone else saw it
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-07-2011, 09:48 AM
I saw it on the listings, when I was looking through the channels, but haven't seen it yet. I guess it's not a one-off?
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
I saw it on the listings, when I was looking through the channels, but haven't seen it yet. I guess it's not a one-off?

Not sure as it was on for two hours so possibly a stand alone programme. The commentary was not that interesting but definitely worth watching for all the GORGEOUS dogs
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Looks like a one-off. But here's the repeats of it.

http://natgeotv.com/uk/and-man-created-dog/about

Next Showing: Thursday 7 July at 9:00PM - Nat Geo Wild
Repeats: Friday 8 July at 12:00AM - Nat Geo Wild
Saturday 9 July at 7:00PM - Nat Geo Wild
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I put a thread up about this last week I think, as I had seen it advertised and thought it looked worth watching.

I really enjoyed it. The GR was lovely and the story was very touching. I was also moved by the chap at the end of the programme who tries to rescue all the stray dogs and find new homes for them.

And - wow - that little working Corgi was amazing

I was a bit disappointed the programme didn't feature any GSDs, but really enjoyed watching the working BCs, as well as all the other dogs. Really interesting and definitely worth watching ... I may even watch a repeat