View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:16 PM
My parents tell me to tell my friends to take their shoes off if they go upstairs (we have new biscuit-coloured carpets) but they don't tell their own friends or family too, think they think me and my friends are just a bit skanky (probably right ) they insist Jobie gets his feet washed before he comes indoors if it's muddy and then get all angry and depressed if he treads mud in on our manky old mat (issues ), it's a right pain in the **** for both of us
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
To me, it's just disgusting to walk dirt in from the street.
Is it only me that has TWO doormats to use before you reach my beautiful clean carpet?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Is it only me that has TWO doormats to use before you reach my beautiful clean carpet?
I have three doormats (double doors so one at each front door and one inside the front door). Thing is these keep the mud, etc., from being walked into the house but "GERMS" - what about those No - I'm probably a bit obsessive but I have a germ thing going on - and me with eight dogs
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I have three doormats (double doors so one at each front door and one inside the front door). Thing is these keep the mud, etc., from being walked into the house but "GERMS" - what about those No - I'm probably a bit obsessive but I have a germ thing going on - and me with eight dogs
Oh hon, that's some obsession to have with eight dogs
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'll be over for a cup of tea then ;o)
Anytime Pidgey!
I can attest to this....... I've taken my shoes off, put my feet up on the sofa, scoffed scrummy lunches - nice place to visit....
I bet it is..I am jealous
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Oh hon, that's some obsession to have with eight dogs
You are soooooooo right! I'm just lucky that most of the Chis are as picky as me about dirt! I don't think I could ever manage a Springer or similar breed. When I see the pics of them all muddy on their walks, I know I couldn't deal with it. I'd be bathing them every day Def think I chose the right breed for me
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2009, 09:36 PM
No, i live with a Ralph..any sense of a tidy house died a long long time ago.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm terrible for just walking into peoples houses with my shoes on (not if they're dirty though obviously!), it doesn't even enter my mind!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:59 PM
When we first moved in i was against people wearing their shoes in the house then i realised after time that i walked round the house with my shoes on most the time without realising it!

We never ask our friends to take their shoes off but most of them just do because i think they do at home. I'm with the whole whatever makes you most relaxed attitude. If you're more relaxed with your shoes on leave 'em on if not take 'em off - i don't care!

We used to go round to a friends house who wouldn't allow shoes in the house but you had to leave your shoes in this horrible porch that had loads of spiders webs in it. I used to shake my shoes out before putting them on when leaving just incase!!

At home i'm generally in slippers or flip-flops anyway for comfort.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys - this is really interesting. I have people (new mums) taking their shoes off without being asked to and I do think, God, Loki wanders around here, although I do try to keep things clean .
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »