Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks to you ALL for all your lovely, caring messages, but instead of cheering me up each and every one of them has made me cry now....... You are all so kind and I think you all must understand what a great loss my Cassie was to me and Dave, even he was crying again this morning for her.

There isn't a night that passes without me thinking of her before I go to sleep, nor a morning that passes without me missing her cheery smile at the bottom of the stairs and a wagging tail, at least somebody was there who I know was pleased to see me again! I'm wondering whether I need to see a shrink or something to sort me out. Dave thinks I'm having one of those mid-life crisis thingies and I'm searching for what it is, but I think I know what it is deep inside, but I can't have that can I. When Dave said to me "it looks like you need an affair then" I retorted back with "yes, and in your Dear John letter I'll put "you should have let me have that parrot"! Lol! Gotta laugh I suppose, through all these tears.

I'll just have to carry on as we are for the moment, I know I should count my blessings, I have everything anyone could wish for, a caring husband, my dear old Mum close to hand now, a lovely fluffy bear to cuddle (he does like a cuddle but he just hasn't got that personality/affection that Cassie had and that I'm missing so much)a gorgeous new house, nice car to drive, enough money to live comfortably and not have to work anymore, blimey, who could wish for more really! Why do they leave such a big gaping hole in your heart when you have all that!!!??

I suppose it's all come to a head with me now that things have all slowed down and I've got time to think. I've lost a horse I had for over 20 years, a dog I adored, and a best friend, all in the past 3 years, plus all the upheavel of moving my mum over here, it's been a bit much for the old grey matter to deal with I suppose.

I'm not depressed, don't think I could ever be depressed, I'm just a tad down and very tearful which isn't like me at all, I'm a tough old bird! Gonna try and pick myself up and get over it as they say.

Don't know where I'd be at times like this if it wasn't for you lovely peops on here though! I'd rather you made me laugh like you normally do though!!! Thanks.xxxxxxx
You may have cried reading our posts but you got me back big time with your post above. esp the bit about the wagging tail etc.Hope you are feeling a bit better.What about doing some dog walking for a rescue? Loads of cuddles waiting there?
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 04:19 PM
OH Helen, I know just how you feel, when I lost Barney I was heart broken, and it didn`t make things any easier still have my other dog Daisy, they are so different with such different personalities that it doesn`t make it any easier. I think we all go through these bad patches and hopefully you will feel a little better tomorrow.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Sorry to hear you are feeling so down

kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Sorry you are feeling miserable-Sending you my thoughts and best wishes.

Keep your chin up xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
You must be really down, after building up your hopes that you would have another creature come to live with you.
Hope that the feelings you have now will not last too long.
Not as down as I was this morning before I put this thread up though H! Thanks for helping me!xx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Awww Helena I am sorry you are feeling so down.
Thanks Lynn, and for your lovely pm, it made me feel better, a lot better!xxx

Originally Posted by random View Post
I'm so sorry H that you are feeling down. I'm lucky in that all of mine are very cuddly but I do know where you are coming from as when I lived at home with my mum I was the same. I guess it's a woman thing but we need hugs! Hope things pick up for you soon hun. x
Thanks Kel, yes, we do need those hugs, so it's a good job I've got you lot on here otherwise I don't know where I'd be! I might invent a "hug machine" for people like me who don't have any on offer!!!

Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Hi, i am so sorry you are feeling down. I think with the parrot you will look back in a few weeks and know that you have made the right decision, it just feels hard at the moment because you had got your hopes up.

Cassie is and always will be with you. You know that she pops in to see if your doing ok. She wouldn't want to see you sad expecially as she is having so much fun at the bridge. Hope this helps you.
Thanks Shiba, and for your lovely pm which cheered me up no end, not making me laugh, but such a lovely message there for me!xxx

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
You may have cried reading our posts but you got me back big time with your post above. esp the bit about the wagging tail etc.Hope you are feeling a bit better.What about doing some dog walking for a rescue? Loads of cuddles waiting there?
Ooooops sorry Fudgeley, didn't want to do that! Yes, that's the first thing I said to Dave this morning about offering some help to our local rescue centre or something, but then having said that, I know what I'm like and I would have wanted to do more and more instead of say 1 or 2 hours (I KNOW me so well!) and for one thing it's not safe to leave Mum for too long in case she falls or sets the house alight with her ciggies I might still think about that one though and get in touch with the dog warden where I got Georgie from, he knows me well too so I'm sure he'd let me help them in some way.

Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
OH Helen, I know just how you feel, when I lost Barney I was heart broken, and it didn`t make things any easier still have my other dog Daisy, they are so different with such different personalities that it doesn`t make it any easier. I think we all go through these bad patches and hopefully you will feel a little better tomorrow.
Sorry if I've dragged up a few memories for you too with this thread Katie That's exactly what I mean, they have such different personalities, and Cassie I could talk to, all the time, she was always appearing from nowhere with her great big grin, or maybe just for a cuddle, and I could TALK to her and she'd listen, whereas Georgie just wouldn't understand, all he wants is food! Well, you know the answer to that one don't you!!!xxx

Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Sorry to hear you are feeling so down

Awwww, thanks!!! Just what I needed!

Originally Posted by kirstya72 View Post
Sorry you are feeling miserable-Sending you my thoughts and best wishes.

Keep your chin up xxx
Thanks Kirsty, hopefully it's just a short phase I'm going through. Maybe because I was out in the garden yesterday hosing down that patio and I stopped to have a little chat at her grave and snip off her dead roses, she must have reached out and taken another little chunk out of my heart, bless her!!!xxx

The farmer where I kept my horse over the road, always used to say to me "that's the smartest dog in Town" and I think he really meant it, not only was she smart, she was well behaved with impeccable manners, and certainly beautiful, a real dog in a million. Just to tell you how clever she was, when I used to be mucking out in the pitch black at 5.30 am. in the winter in the pouring rain, she'd pester me with that big hard rubber ball, drop it in a pile of poo in the stable, I'd throw it miles out into the field of long grass, and do you know, she'd come back with it within seconds!!! Not a lot of dogs could do that I'm sure!!! Such lovely memories I have, although at the time, that particular game of hers would drive me nuts!!! My friend used to take the mickey out of me up there, and say "You do make me laugh H, one minute it's C-a-s-s-i-e blooming dog grrrrrr, and then it's awwwww I love that dog"!!! Lol! Everyone used to laugh at our antics up at the stables, even my horse I think!!!

Thanks for listening I really am feeling sooooo much better now, and I mailed Dave to tell him that Parrots off now, so he'll be more relieved at work now. Hey ho, better feed old Georgie now, do his skin, and then empty Mum's commode! Oh what a joyful existence I have hey!!!!! You've cracked it, I'm laughing again now folks! Thanks!!!xxxxxxxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh Helena, I',m sorry I have only just caught this thread - been at work today.

Everyone is entitled to feel down and low sometimes, you don't have to quantify it. And of course it is still very early days - it is really not that long since you lost your dear Cassie and we all know how much you loved her.

You have been focusing on getting Cameron and now that is not happening you are probably feeling a bit flat.

Hope you are feeling a bit brighter now but remember we are all allowed to feel down sometimes, no matter what we have or don't have.

Take care.
xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Aww...sweetie, I'm so sorry I missed this today and hope you're feeling better now. Your cyber Cass is always here when you need a cyber cuddle. At least you know you may be able to get another dog in future. Nothing well ever replace your darling Cassie but at least another dog may fill the void you're feeling. You've got me in floods of tears now and I'm trying to put on my makeup to go out!
You take it easy Aitch and you know where I am when you need me. I sincerely hope you can visit us one day and have a real cuddle of our Cass! xxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Glad your feeling a bit brighter H x
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Helena im so sorry hun ,

xx jackie
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Aww Helena, some dogs are really that bit more special, and they take an even bigger chunk of your heart with them. Cassie is always with you, that's what I think about my special boy Khan anyway, even when I am walking with Zak I just know Khan is with us. Big hugs to you.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >