View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I wish there was something I could add to make you feel better. It shows what kind, loving person you are that you are walking away at this point.
Cassie was obviously a very special dog, so be kind to yourself. (((hugs)))

Lorna x
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm really gutted for you, but at the same time as you have said yourself there is no point on taking on something else if you might not be able to give it your 100% love and dedication.

I know this isn't going to help much concerning the sad lost of Cassie, but I could always drop up to yours Skye and she would give you so many licks and cuddles that you wouldn't know what to do with them all.

Keep your chin up, and remember we are all here for you.

Colin
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Awwww. Big hugs mate.
I'm so sorry you feel so fed up.
I know what you mean about Cassie. I am missing mo so much at the moment and in fairness I have lots of affection here...both canine and human, I don't think it's the affection thing for you, I think it's just that some dogs get under your skin, like your Cassie did with you and my Mo did with me, you know? We love them all...but sometimes theres just something in that relationship isn't there?

Looking on the bright side, Dave has okayed you getting another dog in the future...if you had gone ahead with the cockatoo he wouldn't have agreed to that would he?
I think it sounds like he wants another dog at some point too....these things take time as well....why not start researching????!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )
Huge hugs. x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Aw hun.... Jamie would love to send you ((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))!!! Don't really know what to say as my dogs have always craved attention and been free with their love and affection... mostly to other people I hope one day you can find another animal to give your love to
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh I am so sorry Helena sending you big hugs from me and Ben.
(((((((((xx)))))))))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks to you ALL for all your lovely, caring messages, but instead of cheering me up each and every one of them has made me cry now....... You are all so kind and I think you all must understand what a great loss my Cassie was to me and Dave, even he was crying again this morning for her.

There isn't a night that passes without me thinking of her before I go to sleep, nor a morning that passes without me missing her cheery smile at the bottom of the stairs and a wagging tail, at least somebody was there who I know was pleased to see me again! I'm wondering whether I need to see a shrink or something to sort me out. Dave thinks I'm having one of those mid-life crisis thingies and I'm searching for what it is, but I think I know what it is deep inside, but I can't have that can I. When Dave said to me "it looks like you need an affair then" I retorted back with "yes, and in your Dear John letter I'll put "you should have let me have that parrot"! Lol! Gotta laugh I suppose, through all these tears.

I'll just have to carry on as we are for the moment, I know I should count my blessings, I have everything anyone could wish for, a caring husband, my dear old Mum close to hand now, a lovely fluffy bear to cuddle (he does like a cuddle but he just hasn't got that personality/affection that Cassie had and that I'm missing so much)a gorgeous new house, nice car to drive, enough money to live comfortably and not have to work anymore, blimey, who could wish for more really! Why do they leave such a big gaping hole in your heart when you have all that!!!??

I suppose it's all come to a head with me now that things have all slowed down and I've got time to think. I've lost a horse I had for over 20 years, a dog I adored, and a best friend, all in the past 3 years, plus all the upheavel of moving my mum over here, it's been a bit much for the old grey matter to deal with I suppose.

I'm not depressed, don't think I could ever be depressed, I'm just a tad down and very tearful which isn't like me at all, I'm a tough old bird! Gonna try and pick myself up and get over it as they say.

Don't know where I'd be at times like this if it wasn't for you lovely peops on here though! I'd rather you made me laugh like you normally do though!!! Thanks.xxxxxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2007, 12:34 PM
You must be really down, after building up your hopes that you would have another creature come to live with you.

Hope that the feelings you have now will not last too long.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Awww Helena I am sorry you are feeling so down.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm so sorry H that you are feeling down. I'm lucky in that all of mine are very cuddly but I do know where you are coming from as when I lived at home with my mum I was the same. I guess it's a woman thing but we need hugs! Hope things pick up for you soon hun. x
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi, i am so sorry you are feeling down. I think with the parrot you will look back in a few weeks and know that you have made the right decision, it just feels hard at the moment because you had got your hopes up.

Cassie is and always will be with you. You know that she pops in to see if your doing ok. She wouldn't want to see you sad expecially as she is having so much fun at the bridge. Hope this helps you.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >