Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Very very strange....

where i keep my horse we have this barn where we store our hay

whenyou gothrough the first gates its ahead of you - these gates are shut at night but not bolted (this is the carpark where the barn is)

to get into the main yard you have to unlock a bolted gate...(irrelevant but just so u call gt it)

with me so far??

anyhow - where my hay is i have 2 nets made up most days - 2 bags - so im prepared for the next day

anyhow - the other day i filled up a red net, came down the next day and someone had cut the rope holding the net together

then yesterday i filled up a green net - letf that on top of my hay bales and a black one (empty) between my hay bales and my haylege (almost hidden)

came down this morning someone has cut the black net ..... but not touched the green net.....!!!!!!

so now im bu**ered as that £5 down the drain and someones messing with my stuff.....

i cant say who i think it is cos i dont know, i suspect a few people but dont know how to catch them out

im bothered now about what else this idiot(s) are going to do to other peoples stuff......

i know its only a hay nets but where do i stand legally???? - its about principle not money......
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:32 PM
You can get that invisible stuff to wipe over your nets that can be seen under ultraviolet light that'll catch them!
Just make a big show of doing it, get some stuff in an unidentified pot and make a big deal of it then hopefully no-one will touch it again.
There are some vile people out there.
Becky
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:33 PM
do you soak your hay? If not get rid of the nets all together im not a big fan of them myself - then the little sh*ts cant cut them!!!

As for legal action im not sure if there is anything you can do unless you catch them in the act. Have you spoken to the stable manager/owner about it?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Somebody doesn't like you up at the yard Suze!! I would approach the yard owner and tell them about it. The worst case scenario is that they cut an important part of a net which you don't notice, the bit you hang it up with and it comes undone in the stable overnight as he's eating his hay, and you might end up in big trouble! I used to put mine on the floor if I didn't have to soak it, the horse preferred it, and so did I! Haynets can be dangerous I don't personally like them. As for claiming, it would cost you more than that fiver tomake the claim I'm afraid! You've got to find out who it is though! Grrrrrr, nasty cows!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
do you soak your hay? If not get rid of the nets all together im not a big fan of them myself - then the little sh*ts cant cut them!!!

As for legal action im not sure if there is anything you can do unless you catch them in the act. Have you spoken to the stable manager/owner about it?

no i only use them in the day = im not a hugge fan - i only use the small hole ones tbh

i thought it could be kids - but why twice have they only targetted mine when my friend next door has 6 there everynight???

and the black one - you would have to search for it tbh.....

ive left a net there tonight on my mates side on purpose because if anyone on the yard is doing it they would know which is my net .... its wuite distinctive, havign said that - the one that was untouched when they did my black one is the same one i put one my mates pile

the black on has been mended with bailing twine just to show them they are being pathetic

if it happens again i will be informing the yard owner and putting a flipping big note on my wall saying "how sad are you" j/k
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Somebody doesn't like you up at the yard Suze!! I would approach the yard owner and tell them about it. The worst case scenario is that they cut an important part of a net which you don't notice, the bit you hang it up with and it comes undone in the stable overnight as he's eating his hay, and you might end up in big trouble! I used to put mine on the floor if I didn't have to soak it, the horse preferred it, and so did I! Haynets can be dangerous I don't personally like them. As for claiming, it would cost you more than that fiver tomake the claim I'm afraid! You've got to find out who it is though! Grrrrrr, nasty cows!
i havent got any ememies at the yard (to my knowlegde) just some people who have moved off who dont like me.... but i honestly cant see them being like that...
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
i havent got any ememies at the yard (to my knowlegde) just some people who have moved off who dont like me.... but i honestly cant see them being like that...

"Nowt as queer as folk" as they say

It doesnt sound like malicious attacks, maybe kids playing pratical jokes?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:42 PM
no kids on the yard

and twice in 3/4 days??? and no-ones elses belongings touched??

oh also - i found a plastic yellow cup in one of my feeds - ??!!! not mine, ive asked everyone on the yard - its no-ones..... okkkk
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
no kids on the yard

and twice in 3/4 days??? and no-ones elses belongings touched??

oh also - i found a plastic yellow cup in one of my feeds - ??!!! not mine, ive asked everyone on the yard - its no-ones..... okkkk
the plot thickens.......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Are you keeping a strict eye on your hay too Suze??? If I were you, I'd make sure I left a big note on the top stating how many bales are there, and exactly how much is left in the open one, and do that each night! I'm now suspecting they're pinching your hay and your feed! Keep a check on it all. I had that once, and I found them out and dealt with them severely! That's my gut instinct, they're pinching your hay and feed now that you mention that cup in your bin, they forgot to take it out!!!

p.s. Why are you using a small hole net then if it's not haylage you're using??? Just curious!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >