Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:08 PM

vauxhall frontera

I am looking to get a new (to me) vehicle and today looked at a vauxhall frontera 2.2 16v petrol limited. I know they have had bad reviews but I have done a search and so far it seems that I have found more good stuff about fronteras than bad. I have had 4 vauxhalls, 3 cavaliers and the most recent my trusty old faithful astra estate:smt007 I have heard loads of bad about all of those over the years but I never had any problems other than wear and tear and I do tend to be hard on my vehicles The biggest complaint so far seems to be more about vauxhall dealers rather than problems with the vehicles themselves

Does anybody have any personal experience of fronteras? I am fed up with looking at strangers online reviewing cars they have never owned so it would be nice to hear from somebody that has actually had one for any length of time LOL I could probably have a normal estate that would fit everything in but I actually fancy this one and I can fit everything in which is a bonus, first time I have considered a car that isn't just for the dogs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:24 PM
I just asked my o/h for you who owns a garage and he said they're rubbish! I then asked him to give his reasons and his answer to that was "I haven't got time"!!!! That means he doesn't like them!!! He says they're totally unreliable all round if that's any help. Sorry it's not good news, but then it sounds like you already knew that bit! No I've never owned one, I don't think he'd be that silly if this is what he thinks of them! If I were you, I'd look elsewhere, you really do need reliable don't you, it's important I think?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:31 PM
A neighbour of mine owned one for a very short time, he couldn't wait to get rid of it, he said it was rubbish. Did notice the AA there a few times but don't know exactly what problems he was having. He didn't even keep it for a year. Hope this helps.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Well I had an older one.. (L) and I LOVED it.. it was fabulous.. big enough for the dogs (until I got 3).. NEVER broke down (except once and it was MY fault)..It was a diesel..
and I sold it last November and I wish I hadn't

I want another one.. I had mine for 4 years and it was great..lovely to drive too..
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2007, 08:17 PM
We looked at one a couple of years ago but decided on an estate. I know they're renowned for not being up to much but I can't comment as I've never had one.

Did you look at Parkers ?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/review...del=973&page=1